Ware Online Community Forum - Registration
If you agree to the terms and conditions stated below, press the "Agree" button. Otherwise, press "Cancel".
This statement may variously be referred to as the Acceptable Use Policy or House Rules.
1. In order to use these forums, users are required to provide a username, password and traceable e-mail address.
2. Multiple registrations are not allowed.
3. Please avoid business names as advertising is forbidden. As this is a community forum, you are encouraged to use your real name as a username.
4. Neither the Administrators of these forums, or the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information.
5. Comments or Information posted that may identify another forum member may be edited or removed.
6. Cookies must be turned on in your browser to participate as a user in these forums. Cookies are used here to hold your username and password and viewing options, allowing you to login. Cookies are also used for analytical purposes, allowing us to compile information on how many people are visiting the site, what operating systems and browsers they are using, their location, and other information. All of this is done anonymously and none of the information is shared. We use Google Analytics to provide this functionality.
7. Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from the “Ware Online Community Forum”, your ISP or employer may be contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
8. This site may contain links to other web sites and files. We have no control over the content and can not ensure it will not be offensive or objectionable. We will, however, remove links to material that we feel is inappropriate as we become aware of them.
9. The Ware Online Forum is provided as a means for local residents to discuss local issues and events. The term 'local' refers to Ware an its immediate locales. Whilst a certain amount of digression will be allowed, any thread that becomes dominated by discussion of non-related subjects or personalities will be locked.
10. Advertising is not allowed.
11. You may not join the forum for the purpose of recommending an establishment with which you are personally connected.
12. The forum will not tolerate spamming, trolling, and flaming. All three are explained below.
Spamming is repeatedly posting the same link or message on multiple boards, or trying to get people to go to another site to buy something.
Trolling is going onto a board for the sole purpose of starting trouble or instigating an argument.
Flaming is posting something that's angry and mean-spirited.
13. Any user who finds material posted by another user objectionable is encouraged to contact us via e-mail. We are authorized by you to remove or modify any data submitted by you to these forums for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not.
14. Postings that are judged by the administrator to form part of a personal conversation and only of interest to the parties concerned will be removed at the administrator's discretion.
15. Cross-posting and duplicate threads are not allowed.
16. The ability to edit posts is provided to enable members to make corrections shortly after posting. Attempts to use this feature to manipulate the forum in any way will be deemed an abuse of this feature. Anyone who edits a post after it has been replied to, or over 12 hours after posting will be deemed to be misusing the feature and appropriate action will be taken.
17. Any posts that are deemed to be offensive or insulting will be edited or removed by the Forum Administrator or Moderators. All editorial decisions made regarding such posts are final.
18. Do not insult other contributions or discuss the non-appearance or removal of any content on this forum or the suspension or termination of any users. If you would like to discuss the operation of the forum with us, please email us on email@example.com
19. We reserve the right to lock conversations that descend into flame-wars or exchanges characterised by intolerance or a lack of respect for alternative views. We want to allow people to express their opinions, but not to the detriment of others expressing different points of view.
Suspension and Termination
20. We reserve the right to suspend or ban an account at our sole discretion for the following reasons:
i) Breaching the Acceptable Use Policy
ii) Serious failure to respect the spirit and tone of the community
iii) Conduct or comments that demand a disproportionate amount of our time or that abuse our staff.
21. The length of a suspension or whether we ban someone depends on all the circumstances. Bans are generally for extreme cases and repeated serious abuse.
22. If we suspend or ban your registration, you must not attempt to re-register or submit content (e.g. using someone else's account), without our permission.
Changes To This Policy
23. The site's editorial team reserves the right to amend this forum agreement and will always post to the forum when doing so to ensure that all existing forum members are aware of any changes.
24. Any information found on this Site is intended for guidance only. The Ware Online excludes all liability (to the extent permitted by law) for any reliance upon any information contained within this Site. Ware Online accepts no responsibility or liability for the content or activities conducted by forum members.
Acceptance Of This Policy
25. By pressing the "Agree" button, you agree that you, the user, are 13 years of age or over. You are fully responsible for any information or file supplied by this user.
26. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums.
27. In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.
Thank you for agreeing to these terms and joining the Ware Online Forum.
September, 2007. Revised November 2011.
In order to use these forums, users are required to provide a username, password and a valid, tracable e-mail address. i.e. BTConnect or VirginMedia. Anonymous
email accounts like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Live
and alike are not accepted until you have contacted
the site owner. People wishing to register with these types of email addresses can still join the forum, but will have to contact Ware Online
If you do agree with the rules and policies stated in this agreement, and meet the criteria stated herein, proceed to press the "Agree" button below, otherwise press "Cancel".