replacement main water pipes

A forum for advice about local trades, regulations and services in Ware.

replacement main water pipes

Postby Mel » Fri 27 Jun 2014 1:21 pm

Years and years ago we had our mains replaced, does anyone remember the company that did it by any chance? I've just had a man from the Highways Dept knock and ask if I remember. I do remember them doing it, mainly for the chaos they caused but not the company. You'd think the water company would know, except that maybe the records got lost in the takeover? I'm just curious, that's all. :D
Mel

Re: replacement main water pipes

Postby Ian » Sat 28 Jun 2014 11:02 am

Not sure if this helps, but around here (High Oak Road) Thames water are responsible for the sewers and Affinity water are responsible for providing clean water. No idea why it's so complicated though!
Ian

Postby Frankie » Sat 28 Jun 2014 2:24 pm

Hi Mel
If you mean the contractors, I think it was something like Biggs Wall
Frankie

Postby Mel » Sun 29 Jun 2014 7:18 am

Thanks, I was just curious and wonder why they are checking up after all this time. I remember all the holes everywhere, filled with water as we'd had a lot of rain too. They fractured the main pipe opposite our house so water went everywhere! The highways guy spent quite a while looking round.
Mel

Postby ware_resident » Tue 25 Nov 2014 8:25 am

Good news, they have just finished renewing the water pipes in my road. Bad news, the road is now open again and so is being used as a shortcut. Can't win them all I suppose !
ware_resident

Return to Help or advice wanted /offered