replacement main water pipes

A forum for advice about local trades, regulations and services in Ware.
Mel

replacement main water pipes

Post by Mel »

Years and years ago we had our mains replaced, does anyone remember the company that did it by any chance? I've just had a man from the Highways Dept knock and ask if I remember. I do remember them doing it, mainly for the chaos they caused but not the company. You'd think the water company would know, except that maybe the records got lost in the takeover? I'm just curious, that's all. :D
Ian

Re: replacement main water pipes

Post by Ian »

Not sure if this helps, but around here (High Oak Road) Thames water are responsible for the sewers and Affinity water are responsible for providing clean water. No idea why it's so complicated though!
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Hi Mel
If you mean the contractors, I think it was something like Biggs Wall
Mel

Post by Mel »

Thanks, I was just curious and wonder why they are checking up after all this time. I remember all the holes everywhere, filled with water as we'd had a lot of rain too. They fractured the main pipe opposite our house so water went everywhere! The highways guy spent quite a while looking round.
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

Good news, they have just finished renewing the water pipes in my road. Bad news, the road is now open again and so is being used as a shortcut. Can't win them all I suppose !