Buses to Harlow

A forum for advice about local trades, regulations and services in Ware.
jasmine98

Buses to Harlow

Post by jasmine98 »

It seems that Townlink buses 524 and 524A to Harlow will no longer be running. Certainly the announcement says they will not run today Monday at least.
Aardvaark

Re: Buses to Harlow

Post by Aardvaark »

I do hope this isn't so; I've got an appointment at Princess Alexandria Hospital coming up. Can you tell us where you saw the announcement please?
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

It is true, certainly for today at least. I have been to Harlow hospital myself today. Caught 724 then 5 from Harlow bus station.
There is an urgent announcement on Harlow Ride website today.They appear to have had their licences suspended. Maybe Trustybus will step in!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Here's a couple of news links. They have indeed been fined and had their licence cancelled.

http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/Harlow-bus- ... story.html

http://clondoner92.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... ympus.html
Last edited by mb1 on Wed 13 Jan 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Thanks for the info, I could have been really stuck because I just wouldn't have known otherwise - I'll have to keep my eyes open for any further news. It looks like I'll be getting up earlier to get the 724.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I did a walk around North Weald this morning and I saw several Townlink buses operating. One of the reports said that their contract does not expire until towards the end of February, so their services should run until then. (Presumably the delay is to give other operators a chance to take over the routes.)
Mel

Post by Mel »

They were certainly running this afternoon from Hertford.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Interesting that the Townlink buses are still out and about as, while their licence finishes at the end of February having been cancelled, the news stories quoted people as saying they had ceased trading with immediate effect. Perhaps they can be forced to run the licenced services until the cancellation date arrives?
Steve

Post by Steve »

mb1 wrote:the news stories quoted people as saying they had ceased trading with immediate effect.
I can't find any reference to them ceasing trading
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Sorry may have posted wrong one. It's down in this forum. http://angliabusforum.com/index.php?act ... t;start=30