Taxis around Ware

A forum for advice about local trades, regulations and services in Ware.
jasmine98

Taxis around Ware

Post by jasmine98 »

Now that I am no longer able to drive, I need to use local taxis for trips to supermarket, hospital and so on.Can anyone recommend a reliable firm please. Unfortunately, for various reasons buses are not an option.and are all prices regulated and the same whichever one you use.Many thanks.
VicarageRoader

Re: Taxis around Ware

Post by VicarageRoader »

Oviously I don't know your circumstances but if you can't drive due to a permanent disability you may be able to use Herts Dial-A-Ride

http://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/docs/pd ... ideapp.pdf
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

You might do better with an owner/driver who you can contact direct. They are more likely to be available to you as part of a regular relationship, rather than have to go through a central number and await their priority pleasure...
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

Many thanks, that is good advice but can anyone offer the names etc of any local driver/ operators that I could contact please.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Station Taxis next to the station - I don't know their number offhand but they must be in the telephone book? I've also seen cars around 'AtoB'
JCB

Post by JCB »

Don't bother with Station Cars - they are now run out of Cheshunt and 'he's on his way now' translates to a 45 minute wait and a further 4 phone calls.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

JCB wrote:Don't bother with Station Cars - they are now run out of Cheshunt and 'he's on his way now' translates to a 45 minute wait and a further 4 phone calls.
I disagree.

Since they were taken over by AtoB I have been using their "uber style" app and it's fantastic. I can order for the time I want a cab, I can see where the cab is on my iphone after ordering which saves calling up to check when they are arriving.

In my opinion the service is 100 times better than the joke service from Amwell Cabs at the station previously.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

You're lucky MalcMalc, we've had nothing but very long waits indeed. Given up with them.
JCB

Post by JCB »

I downloaded the app, but it appears most of Ware is 'out of area' - very disappointing after looking so promising