Widbury Hill Garage

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
FLIPPER

Widbury Hill Garage

Post by FLIPPER »

I notice Widbury Hill filling station's forcourt is closed off since Monday, and building contractors working there.
Damo5

Re: Widbury Hill Garage

Post by Damo5 »

I also noticed this at lunch time today, when I went to get petrol... if only I had looked on here earlier!
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

As the petrol companies make no money out of petrol it cannot be a refurbishment!
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

Andy B wrote:As the petrol companies make no money out of petrol it cannot be a refurbishment!
So you are saying it’s shutting down?
Mancunian

Post by Mancunian »

i heard that they were replacing the pumps with new one's and other bits, shop is still open and apparently they hope to be back fully open on Friday pm but that's what i heard.... :?
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I've stopped going there. I just find the hassle of getting through town too much now and invariably you get there and it's jammed solid. I take a leisurely drive up to High Cross now to the Spar although they don't give you a choice of petrol, it's just the crappy unleaded for petrol i.e. no premium, that I can see.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

malcmac wrote:
Andy B wrote:As the petrol companies make no money out of petrol it cannot be a refurbishment!
So you are saying it’s shutting down?
Not at all especially as I no longer live there I was being facetious about the profits fuel companies make.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Its all open again - just got posh new pumps that can fuel your car in less than 2 seconds and have you on your way just like a Formula 1 car.

Not