Broadmeads short stay

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
RichardH

Broadmeads short stay

Post by RichardH »

What's it like in there at around 5:30 pm for spaces? I am catching a train in to London for the evening and an hour in the short stay will be cheaper than the station car park....
IGS

Re: Broadmeads short stay

Post by IGS »

RichardH wrote:What's it like in there at around 5:30 pm for spaces? I am catching a train in to London for the evening and an hour in the short stay will be cheaper than the station car park....
There are plenty of spaces there at the moment.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Thanks! In the end I got there only to find that teh 5:43 was cancelled, and the next train was not going to be until 6:43 - so since I needed to be at the Royal Albert Hall by 7:30, I drove down to Tottenham Hale (Broxbourne was the initial target but that had similarly delayed trains). Made it wit h5 minutes to spare!
Alec

Post by Alec »

I took 100 mins to do the "13 min" journey from Tottenham Hale to Broxbourne yesterday afternoon - shudder!

Don't forget, it's not that bad to drive down to the Albert Hall (which I shall be doing on Saturday). Takes around 90 mins on a weekday evening, free parking in Hyde Park. But the real payback is not having to worry about last trains home, and getting back in comfort in under an hour.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Yes, we have done that before (actually, I think it was to see Steven Wilson last time he was there - with Chad Wackerman on the drum stool) - think we'll be driving next time we go! Handy tip re parking - that was what put me off last night, as we took a while to park on that occasion but didn't know about the Hyde Park thing.