The absolute state of Ware Road.

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
VicarageRoader

The absolute state of Ware Road.

Post by VicarageRoader »

What with the never ending development of the old golf course (I wonder what's really happening there?) and the new estate going on to the old college site , I guess everyone who has to drive between Ware & Hertford would have noticed the terrible state of the road. Absolutely filthy. I've seen token efforts at cleaning but its an absolute disgrace. Feel very sorry for anyone that has to walk along the pavement or who actually lives in this area.
Ian

Re: The absolute state of Ware Road.

Post by Ian »

Yes, it's very bad. I would strongly recommend writing an email to the planning department as keeping the road clean is part of the planing permission. I wrote to them some time ago and complained and it did get a little better, but the damage was done by that stage. however, the more people complain, the stronger the council case to get something done so please write to planning@eastherts.gov.uk
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

I absolutely agree with the comments on the state of the road, which is actually Hertford Road, Ware and urge everyone to write to the planning department. Whilst attempts are made to sweep this road, nothing appears to be done about the condition of the footpaths which are filthy and so dangerous when wet.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

There seems to be a happy belief that if you run a street 'sweeper' up and down occasionally it cleans up the mess. It doesn't - it just smears it more evenly over a longer stretch of road. Continued departures from either site adds copious quantities of new filth.

This is also true outside the Westmill landfill sites - the machine there does little of value except hold up regular streams of traffic, and splatter mud on the verge, which is growing to the level of a small embankment.

Planning should be ensuring that all construction related vehicles should be well washed down on site before being allowed on the roads, and the equipment used to actually clean the roads should use large quantities of clean water to cleanse the surface.

Duh!!
Bikerbiker

Post by Bikerbiker »

In relation to the Woodland Environmental site up at the old Chadwell golf course I would like to state the following;
copious amounts of clean water are used in the road sweeper which is used regularly out on the road.
Lorries, after delivering there loads, have to use a wheel spinner to get loose materials off the wheels.
They then have to drive through a wheel wash bath, after which drivers check for any loose material in between the wheels etc.
As far as I am aware the council do keep an eye on the state of the road surface with visits from time to time to the site manager.
As with any sort of large development of this sort, part of the planning is to keep the roads free from excess mud from the site, something I think Woodland have coped well with.
I think your comments are like complaining; "why does the farmer always put his gates in the muddiest part of the field!"
Doh!
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

So the Woodland road sweeper has coped well with keeping the roads clear, probably by throwing a large part of the mess up on to the adjoining footpaths, and then ignoring it. Coping well, I think not Mr. Head Greenkeeper.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Although the lorries are supposed t go through a wheel bath, I have seen the lorries coming our of the site and they clearly haven't had their wheels washed down so I think it is more honoured in the breach than in the observance.