Off roading in Ware

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Andy B

Off roading in Ware

Post by Andy B »

Back in Ware for a brief three day visit and was surprised at the condition of some of the roads the pothole problem has it seems not gone away with some of them being suspension damaging. Even the High Street does not escape its such a shame for a beautiful town.
Simes

Re: Off roading in Ware

Post by Simes »

No money to fix potholes, yet the Highways Authority can find over 20 million quid to 'improve' the junctions on the A602. Different budget apparently, but you have to wonder how they come up with the priorities. If your house had a leaky roof, the last thing you would do is spend all your money on an extension!
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

The High Street and Kingshill had significant holes in them that need attention sooner rather than later but as they have not suddenly appeared its unlikely they'll suddenly get repaired.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Just look how long it took to replace those craters at anwell end roundabout!
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

Could try bending the ear of the Herts County councillor for the area... They have a "Budget" to spend on Highways stuff (although priority seems to be on putting double yellow lines in residential cul de sacs where they are not needed)
VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

I notice that Walton Road has recently been resurfaced despite it hardly being the busiest road in Ware. Mind you, nice big expensive houses up there. The sort of place a County Councillor might live.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

VicarageRoader wrote:I notice that Walton Road has recently been resurfaced despite it hardly being the busiest road in Ware. Mind you, nice big expensive houses up there. The sort of place a County Councillor might live.
If the council don't do repairs they are chastised and if they do they are chastised?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Maybe the Hertford/Ware councils should be made aware of the BBC article below!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-41523751
Steve

Post by Steve »

Andy B wrote:Maybe the Hertford/Ware councils should be made aware of the BBC article below!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-41523751
That would be the County Council , who are responsible for maintenance.

https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/servic ... ments.aspx
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

VicarageRoader wrote:I notice that Walton Road has recently been resurfaced despite it hardly being the busiest road in Ware. Mind you, nice big expensive houses up there. The sort of place a County Councillor might live.
Accept the irony, but not the factual basis. Walton Road and others have been wrecked by the procession of heavy lorries coming into and out of the Ware College building works in both Walton Road and Scotts Road. I'm not sure of the technicalities of this, but none of those residential roads ever had 'proper', deep road surfaces - they are quite thin and very easily distorted by lorry traffic. Walton Road has been patched, not fully resurfaced, mainly around significant potholes and long-sunked in drains, pounded into submission over the last five years. Some of the potholes were as dangerous as any in Ware, so kudos for dealing with them at last.

For the town as a whole I have seen considerable road surface improvements, after the dreadful conditions of 2010-12. But I agree we need to keep the pressure on, so raise all issues with your local and District Councillor.