High Cross Housing Proposals

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
RichardH

Re: High Cross Housing Proposals

Post by RichardH »

Yes, I was part way through asking about how funding to academy schools might get covered at the drop in consultation thing when the meeting was called to order, so didn't get to find out. I guess they mush have a way of doing it. I'm just a bit cynical as to where the money ACTUALLY goes - all we can do is try and hold them to account.

Oh, and when the architect of the scheme didn't even know whether there was going to be street lighting a mere 2 weeks before they intend to submit planning permission, forgive me if I am not too confident in what David Wilson Homes says on their website.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

I suspect at this stage they fully expect their submission to be knocked back and re-submitted so in their shoes the first submission would just be to gauge the reaction and scope of changes needed.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Original planning permission would be for more houses and then the application would be scaled back to what they really wanted in the first place.
Mel

Post by Mel »

driving back from Pearce's up on the A10 yesterday there is a lot of development going on in Puckeridge next to the A10
VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

RichardH wrote:Yes, I'm sure it could be worse, and you're quite right, there's no way they would offer similarly large gardens. We're possibly a bit more affected in that our house estends down the garden more than some, so we'll be closer to the new houses. Ho hum, no rights to a view and all that.

More concerns about the number of parking spaces allocated to the 2 and 3 bedroom "social/affordable" houses which I think will inevitably lead to overspill parking in adjacent aready which are already very tight for parking spaces.

Just hope all these new residents are happy to move somewhere with woeful broadband, frequent power cuts and a pitiful bus service.... ;)
Somehow, I don't think the developer will mention this in their sales literature.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Mel wrote:driving back from Pearce's up on the A10 yesterday there is a lot of development going on in Puckeridge next to the A10
Think they are cracking on with that development after a long delay while an archaeological survey was completed (with Roman finds). Despite considerable local opposition and real concerns about dangerous entrance/exit from the new estate. Progress...