Building Started at Kingshill Shops

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
The Masked Woler

Re: Building Started at Kingshill Shops

Post by The Masked Woler »

Ian wrote:
The Masked Woler wrote:It's their property, no reason why they should let people park for free, it's not as if the people parking there contribute to the cost of upkeep.
Except that they will be getting rent from the local shops and part of that rent will cover the car parking provided.
Possibly, depends on the terms of the leases I suppose, but if the provision of parking was a term I am surprised the shops haven't enforced years ago. It also presumes that all the people parking are using the shops which we know is not the case, many use it for the school run (which will make the lives of those buying the houses interesting) and local residents also park there.

(for the record it was the owners who proposed the doing up of the car park as part of the development - it's in the original application)
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

This thread needs a picture! ;)
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I have been sent this picture, just in case you thought I had been sneaking around Ware.
I'm quite surprised that it does not blend in with the existing buildings and I thought it would have run inline with the others too.
I'll be interested to see the finished job including the car park.

Simes

Post by Simes »

It looks even worse when looking across the car park from Kingsway. Maybe the new building is intended to fit in with the houses on the opposite side of The Green, because it does not work alongside the shops/flats at all.
Ian

Post by Ian »

It's very noticeable that the car park is busy all the time now, I'm not sure if this is mainly builders traffic, but there are plenty of people parking there. No sign of the car park being fixed though, it's getting worse by the day.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Has the building work finished? From the last picture it does not look very appealing and what not I was expecting at all maybe a new picture is needed?
Mel

Post by Mel »

Andy you should see the houses in St. James Close behind Musley School!
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Pictures Mel please I had hoped that the planners had learnt their lesson with the shops on The Green and the High Street but it sounds like that's not the case.
Mel

Post by Mel »

I'll try but don't hold your breath, sorry! Need to take the camera up there and then load it on here!
Mel

Post by Mel »

I've taken some photos but how do I get them on here please! thanks. Oh well, not allowed as the file is too big!