Hertford Regional College - Ware Campus

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
Scottman

Re: Hertford Regional College - Ware Campus

Post by Scottman »

VicarageRoader wrote:Considering they appear to be putting 10 houses on the former John Gilpin site, 21 doesn't seem an awful lot considering the size of the plot there.
Yes - good point - I forgot to mention the three storey block of 30 flats that will take up the rest of the space. 10 units at John Gilpin ? Pah! Try 51 units of 2 beds or more, with 70 car parking spaces, inclusive of useless garages.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

They've got to make up for all the millions they lost in Saudi Arabia somehow!! Sadly this is what to expect from an institution that respects Ware so little it took the name of a neighbouring town where it doesn't even have a presence.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Yes all the houses (as well as the flats) are being sold LEASEHOLD not freehold. Only 55% of houses sold despite being on the market since plan stage.

According to the BBC news website a few days back buyers would be VERY well advised to consider the long term implication of this with their solicitors (and not with any solicitors suggested by the developer).

I heard that some who did already buy are considering a mis-selling claim.

Sad world we live in
Steve

Post by Steve »

Scottman wrote:Yes all the houses (as well as the flats) are being sold LEASEHOLD not freehold. Only 55% of houses sold despite being on the market since plan stage.
How long are the leases?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Leases are a con, we had a property in Ware and the whole block had to renew the lease to 150 years even though they had 75 years left its just profiteering.
I'll never buy leasehold again.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Andy B wrote:Leases are a con, we had a property in Ware and the whole block had to renew the lease to 150 years even though they had 75 years left its just profiteering.
Leases are renewed individually by the leaseholder, not by blocks, and no-one is obliged to renew their lease. Leaseholders are typically advised to renew their leases before they fall below 80 years.

Useful link:
Don't leave it too long to renew your flat's lease (The Independent)

http://www.independent.co.uk/property/h ... 73562.html
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Steve wrote:
Andy B wrote:Leases are a con, we had a property in Ware and the whole block had to renew the lease to 150 years even though they had 75 years left its just profiteering.
Leases are renewed individually by the leaseholder, not by blocks, and no-one is obliged to renew their lease. Leaseholders are typically advised to renew their leases before they fall below 80 years.

Useful link:
Don't leave it too long to renew your flat's lease (The Independent)

http://www.independent.co.uk/property/h ... 73562.html
With 75 years left on a property we wanted to sell Steve it cost £8000 to increase it to 150 years when 75 years is more than a lot of peoples lifetime so why the ridiculous numbers which are in the end meaningless?
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Has anyone else noticed the painful contrast between the 'design' of the 'houses' (leasehold, note) being thrown up at Scotts Road, versus the architecture of the homes being built at the old John Gilpin site?

A stark and horrible contrast.

Why we can have the interesting styles and shapes and colours of the homes built by Ware rail station and at John Gilpin, and the hopeless red-brick blobs at Scotts Road in the same town nearly defeats me. But yes I do know why.