Cod Wars

Post by The Masked Woler »

Pizza wars are so 2013.

Now we have "Cod Wars"

http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/swiftlg/ ... ts%3C/a%3E
Alec

Re: Cod Wars

Post by Alec »

And, to save everyone else the effort of wading through the application - here's the executive summary:

It's for a "high end" fish & chip shop between Zeros and Dominos, eat-in & takeaway, run by the owner of The Sea Tree in Cambridge.

Does Ware need another chip shop? At least it seems to complement the Wrights & Andrews in the town centre. I see Wrights & Andrews as quite different from each other. I suspect this new venture may stand or fall on pricing. Too "Islington" and it might struggle in Ware, but get the pricing right, and it could be a popular new option.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

And Kingshill and the one King George Rd, so that's four already. We've got loads more pizza places than that. I am curious what a 'high end' chippie might be.
LucasJ

Post by LucasJ »

This is the one they have in Cambridge: http://www.theseatree.co.uk
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Perhaps it'll open on a Sunday, I had a grand idea for fish and chips on a sunday once and was surprised they were all shut, not sure why I was surprised really though.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

The menu looks interesting with enough alternatives from the norm to attract custom and Matt40 they have a special brunch menu for Sunday's.
Assuming the Ware store will operate the same.
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

Matt40 wrote:Perhaps it'll open on a Sunday, I had a grand idea for fish and chips on a sunday once and was surprised they were all shut, not sure why I was surprised really though.
Maybe because after working from 7am to midnight 6 days a week, the owner and staff want a day off?
Alec

Post by Alec »

Matt40 wrote:Perhaps it'll open on a Sunday, I had a grand idea for fish and chips on a sunday once and was surprised they were all shut, not sure why I was surprised really though.
And don't get me started on Wrights being closed on Mondays! The number of times that's caught me out...

On the other hand, I admire any business that still manages to maintain unconventional opening hours. Not sure if there's anyone left in Ware that still does half day closing any more? And it reminds me why the retail business is not for me!
patthefatcat

Post by patthefatcat »

i do half day closing on Thursday, other than that the only time i get off is Sunday, and i don't feel like going shopping then.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Alec wrote:
And don't get me started on Wrights being closed on Mondays! The number of times that's caught me out...

On the other hand, I admire any business that still manages to maintain unconventional opening hours. Not sure if there's anyone left in Ware that still does half day closing any more? And it reminds me why the retail business is not for me!
As I recall they stopped Monday opening because there were no customers - many food outlets are closed on Monday for the same reason so it's hardly unconventional.

I'm surprised it has caught you out a number of times but they say eating fish improves your memory so perhaps your being unable to get any on Mondays is responsible :)