Two new businesses

News and views on shopping in the town.
mb1

Two new businesses

Post by mb1 »

We have two new shops opening. the old Tarlings/woollatt and Coggins is becoming Casita Bonita (https://www.facebook.com/casitabonitaUK?fref=ts) and posh Spice's sister's old boutique is being done up too.

Good to see the High Street on the up.
kate darcy

Re: Two new businesses

Post by kate darcy »

Have a look at the website www.casitabonita.co.uk
It looks interesting , nice to have something different . Good Luck Caista Bonita
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Thanks for the link to Casita Bonita - this looks really an exciting addition to our HIgh Street. We had tried to look it up on the internet and obviously had spelled it wrong because we couldn't find it and wrongly assumed it would be a Tex-Mex style restaurant! However having travelled to Mexico on several occasions, including Merida which is where the family comes from, I'm really looking forward to the opportunity of buying some of their handicrafts and homewares. Mexican silver jewellery is particularly good (sorry Simply Silver!)
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

I had tried to find them online but failed - obviously your Google Fu is stronger than mine.

Good luck to them, W&C was one of my favourites due to the range of interesting things they had, this looks hopeful.

I noted the comments re a Mexican Restaurant, as I recall there was one in Hertford near the Nationwide and it closed.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yes, this is looking very nice, will have a look once they open. What's the old boutique going to be?

As to Mexican food, there is a Mexican van that comes to Ware market on a Tuesday and they do excellent fajitas and the like.
The Masked Woler

Unfortunately the old story in the High St - two new businesses and one closing
The Masked Woler

I see that the old print shop near the bridge is going to be a charity shop for the Air Ambulance and the vintage cafe one of those old fashioned sweet shops. Should do well at Dickensian Eve.

Unfortunately once again, two open and two close.

It would be really good if the old Edwards shop was put into use again, it has such a prominent position in the High St.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

My kids are certainly looking forward to Mr Simms opening up, and I'm partial to a pineapple cube myself. They even understand what you mean when you askfor a quarter of them!
VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

The 80's clothes shop is re-opening as a florist as well. I'm sure thats what it was before, after it was a phone shop.
The Masked Woler

VicarageRoader wrote:The 80's clothes shop is re-opening as a florist as well. I'm sure thats what it was before, after it was a phone shop.
As I recall the previous not just a florist never even got so far as opening, those two shops seem to change most often in the town for some reason.

Can anyone remember all their incarnations?

The right one has been the photographers, art shop and cheap shop

The left one clothes, florist, phones and clothes

What were they before that?