ASDA work started

News and views on shopping in the town.
mb1

Re: ASDA work started

Post by mb1 »

There was also a substantial support for ASDA from Ware Town councillors who even went so far as to get up a petition.
Lets Talk

Post by Lets Talk »

I can't remember what the final entrance from watton road will be is it a roundabout ? or traffic light system like Stevenage ?
Cod

Post by Cod »

I too am surprised by the scale and appearance of the building. It will be interesting to see if we get what we were showed during the consultation.
This is what we were told the site should look like when finished.
This is what we were told the site should look like when finished.
Asda-Ware.jpg (34.31 KiB) Viewed 14714 times
craig

Post by craig »

Cod wrote:
Asda-Ware.jpg
That view is from Park Road.
Was there ever a preview about what it would look like from Watton Road?
I'm also surprised by the raised ironwork roadway (if that is what it is) from the main road.
Still, I'm sure it''ll all come good in the end. :?
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

craig wrote:
Cod wrote:
Asda-Ware.jpg
That view is from Park Road.
Was there ever a preview about what it would look like from Watton Road?
I'm also surprised by the raised ironwork roadway (if that is what it is) from the main road.
Still, I'm sure it''ll all come good in the end. :?
There are various elevations in the planning docs, I assume the raised ironwork is for the car deck as per the original plans.
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

The ironwork is supposed to be bricked over to match the building and is I believe the down ramp from the upper level carpark.
The bit a little further up Watton Rd is the vehicle in/out onto Watton Rd and am still curious to see how this all works out. I downloaded the pdf showing the Watton rd vehicle entry/exit some time ago. It shows that turning right out of Asda onto Watton rd when in front of you there are cars turning into Asda is going to be fun at busy times of day. Bit like turning right out of VanHages. Still not long to wait now the building has reached its mid build growth spurt.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

the traffic will be fun indeed, since hertfordshire highways said the road is incapable of dealing with the vehicle load it will be expected to take.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I used to live in Westmill Road, the east of the A10 section, and was always concerned at the volume of traffic this supermarket was going to attract especially the narrow section through the cemetery where two large trucks or busses meeting is extremely tight. I see trouble ahead!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Just can't wait to be shopping in the new ASDA:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... shelf.html

A grandmother and her heavily pregnant daughter were showered with maggots when they reached for an item from the top shelf of a supermarket.
Coleen Coombs was picking up pet food when maggots began raining down on her and her family.
She watched in disgust as the bugs crawled out of the packaging and even into the clothing of her eight months pregnant daughter Jasmin, 21 - who was later taken to the store's first aid area to be cleaned down.
Miss Coombs, 51, a domestic cleaner and accounting student, of Andover, Hants, was at the town's Asda store when she was showered with the disgusting fly larva.
She claims that she witnessed a member of staff pick up a maggot before saying: "This happens a lot."
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Any fishermen will be pleased!