Nat West bank in Ware

News and views on shopping in the town.
Justme

Nat West bank in Ware

Post by Justme »

Another business closing down. This time it's Natwest Bank. Closing in June 2018
Steve

Re: Nat West bank in Ware

Post by Steve »

RBS to close one in four branches and shed 680 jobs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42192641
Justme

Post by Justme »

The branch manager called me today to inform me of the closure. They advise to do phone banking.... What about customers who do not own a mobile phone or a laptop/computer? Still, it's a sign of times.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Or those who are deaf?
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Would it not be better for all locals to move accounts to one of the banks that still operates in Ware, ie Lloyds, Barclays or (best) Santander?
Mel

Post by Mel »

I certainly would. I prefer to go into the branch to sort out any problems. Using the phone is a nightmare for me. Last time I got blocked from internet banking I phoned up through Typetalk, got through most of the security questions then got asked one I got wrong! We went into the branch and it took about half an hour for the teller to sort out.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Was in Natwest on Friday. Commiserated with the staff on both tills, who have had the busiest year ever. Especially with local traders banking cash and older residents
needing help with account queries and billing payments.

I was asked if I will be happy to bank in Hertford. I confirmed I would continue to bank in my own High Street, to which I can walk if I choose. Which means Lloyds or Barclays or Santander.

And those with LONG memories will know why I'd never choose the blue one.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Have moved my account to the Green one (or black, if you look at the logo).

Please to find that this gives me a tolerable interest level on my current account balance. Result.
JCB

Post by JCB »

I would highly recommend the third option having previously had positive experience with the extremely helpful staff in the branch. I find the bank itself well-intentioned but a bit clueless, but the manager and staff of the Ware branch are fantastic - a happy compromise in my opinion.