Ware Webcam

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Andy B

Re: Ware Webcam

Post by Andy B »

Justme wrote:Hello all
I was hoping to report some good news but I've not even received an acknowledgement to my letter to Keith Ian. Maybe we should be looking at approaching other suitable businesses in Ware High Street. However I fear their response may reflect that of Keith Ian, i. e. The Data Protection. What do you think?
Keith Ian is a great location and would give an excellent view along the High Street but if you think they are a lost cause then look elsewhere.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

It does make one wonder how all the other live webcams up and down the country which are still operating despite this wretched Data Protection Rubbish get on :!:
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Why is data protection an issue when a web cam only displays in real time a public place? You can go and stand there and see the same thing?
Its not being recorded.
Justme

Post by Justme »

I can only think that Hertfordshire Display had some costs involved in running their webcam (?) and therefore didn't want to carry on. Before writing to Keith Ian, I spoke to a member of their staff to explain my request but you could sense they had no interest. I insisted a webcam was not a CCTV system. I then wrote to Keith Ian on 19 November and would have expected to receive an answer by now.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

How about William Brown as they have a bay window above the store that would allow a view along the High Street another option is Jonathan Hunt but I'm unsure if the first floor is occupied or office space?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Justme wrote:The legislation surrounding GDPR is confusing and complicated. I can understand why Hertfordshire Display might want to protect themselves and I'd like to believe that they are not keeping any recordings for future usage. But as the man told me, they will not be reinstating it, as and I quote "it's against the law"
I doubt they know anything about GDPR - I've recently had a couple of cold marketing emails from them and I've never given them my email address so they must have just plucked it off the web. And the emails don't comply with the Privacy & Electronic Communication Regulations 2003 - there's no unsubscribe link. The first email was general marketing and the second one was to say they'd not heard from me and could I get in touch!
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I feel this is going to be a tricky one to sorted as it seems everyone is frightened of something that's not there or that they do not understand and as you say Steve if its not being recorded where is the issue? Well done for trying chaps.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Don't know how these folks get on but take a look at this Live Webcam elsewhere http://www.exmouthcam.co.uk/webcam/ They do not have any problems with it
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I quite agree Barzey there are many around and if they are not recording then where is the issue?