Westmill dump getting very high ASL

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
RCR1

Westmill dump getting very high ASL

Post by RCR1 »

Over the last year or two the height of the landfill site has increased such that I can now see the wheels of the dump trucks from my upstairs windows for the first time since the dump commenced operation. Being in Richmond Close I am both higher ASL & further away than the Vicarage Estate so I wouldnt expect anyone there to have noticed the increase in height.
I seem to remember that quite a few years ago its height was mentioned in the old ware forum and I believe the Herts council got them to lower it. I had quick look in the old forum but cant remember my password for the old site. (is all the old data still there?). Does anyone remember the process that got it lowered, eg via the town council or individuals? I emailed herts district council about the height and just got an unclear map back but nothing helpful. I can send more emails but as I cant measure its current max height further maps with contour lines wont help much.
I dont want to see it growing ever higher as smells and waste paper will blow across the A10 more readily
Steve

Re: Westmill dump getting very high ASL

Post by Steve »

ASL = Above Sea Level?
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

yes
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Contact your Ware Town Councillor to express your concern. They have a route through to East Herts Council.

There is also a Westmill Liaison Group but I don't know much about it.

This facility is the only one still open for miles around and is taking ever-increasing amounts from London as well as locally. They may be piling it higher as it will sink and settle over time, but your concerns are very reasonable and should be reported.
Spring Viewer

Post by Spring Viewer »

Think we're caught between a rock and ahigh place! Also it might be fuel to re-ignite the incinerator debate :o
The County Council may argue we've too much in the land-fill - so let's errm burn it!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

We won't get an incinerator, that is probably going to be inflicted on Hoddesdon if anywhere at all. So protest away!