Ware - No Place for Hate - Tudor Square, 30 June

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Darrellh

Re: Ware - No Place for Hate - Tudor Square, 30 June

Post by Darrellh »

Working from home today so I will be there with all the family this afternoon and it is also being advertised through the news slot on Jack FM
Absolutely no place in any society for this hatred and anyone who hears anything racist should report this straight away
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

Darrellh wrote:Absolutely no place in any society for this hatred and anyone who hears anything racist should report this straight away
Agreed, There are laws in place to tackle this sort of thing, but if its not reported to the Police they can't do anything.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

A great idea. I hope it goes well and gets good support. Unfortunately too far away for me to participate in person.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Thanks for the support Bluebot. The Mayor will be with us, and we have a good message of support from Mark Prisk to read out. Looking forward to a good event.
IGS

Post by IGS »

An excellent turnout at such short notice. Well done MB et al who organised it.
Lidoview

Post by Lidoview »

Thanks for organising this and hope more people who couldn't make it today will march on Saturday :)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Great to be one out of so many people in Tudor Square. Well done, and thank you, to the organisers. I was worried that there might be some 'disruptive' people there, but I saw and heard none. Really positive message given. It's also good to see that all the graffiti (as far as I can tell) has been painted over. Not sure if I can march on Saturday, but hope many more people join the carnival parade behind the banner.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

So glad that so many people came out. John Wing told me he counted 300 in the square :-) So proud of Ware tonight, and yes, no disruptive behaviour which could possibly have happened. But we have only had two negative comments on Facebook where people are not shy.

So, we are walking in the Carnival parade with the banner on Saturday. Anyone who would like to join us needs to be at Broadmeads by 1pm.

Thanks everyone for the support and the kind words. We had an idea and Ware made it work.
Steve

Post by Steve »