New Year Fireworks

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
mb1

New Year Fireworks

Post by mb1 »

Whoever you are you've woken up my youngest, terrified my dog and generally caused a lot of angst. I hope you have a horrible 2017 you thoughtless, selfish ****.
Whereaami

Re: New Year Fireworks

Post by Whereaami »

Hate to say it, but if past years are to go by, come midnight there will be loads going off. Agree not good for kids and pets.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

We were heading them from 10.30 until almost 1pm. Finally got things settled with youngest around 2am.
Wareite1969

Post by Wareite1969 »

I can understand why you're upset / annoyed but can't you see why people naturally see fireworks as part of New Year now (Sydney, London etc) ? A lot of cultures see in their new year with fireworks so I think it's fair to assume the Uk will too.

Bit harsh to wish someone a year of hurt just because you're a little annoyed but I can't see what they did was that unexpected.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

mb1 wrote:Whoever you are you've woken up my youngest, terrified my dog and generally caused a lot of angst. I hope you have a horrible 2017 you thoughtless, selfish ****.
A bit naive as Wareite said I've seen the New Year in from Ally Pally before and the fireworks going off is quite amazing we even had them going off here and its illegal if outside the week around 5th November but I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted.

Happy New Year everyone even you MB1.
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

According to the gov.uk website, it is legal to let fireworks off until 1am on, amongst other dates, New Year's Eve.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

ware_resident wrote:According to the gov.uk website, it is legal to let fireworks off until 1am on, amongst other dates, New Year's Eve.
Could you imagine Ware_Resident how they would prosecute anyone even if it was illegal, I come under gov.nz rules where it is illegal and I have never heard of a prosecution.