Waste Consultation Survey

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Steve

Waste Consultation Survey

Post by Steve »

Matt40

Re: Waste Consultation Survey

Post by Matt40 »

So if I have read this correctly. They are now smoothing the way to introduce yet another bin to separate garden waste from food waste and charge us extra in the process?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Matt40 wrote:So if I have read this correctly. They are now smoothing the way to introduce yet another bin to separate garden waste from food waste and charge us extra in the process?
We have three wheelie bins here and pay for all collections bar recycling which is a council initiative.
We use a company called Can Plan and I buy liners from them for the general rubbish wheelie bin but as we try to recycle as much as possible we only have it emptied every three or four weeks although you can pay to have it emptied every week. The garden waste bin we pay annually for that as it costs to take rubbish to the tip and that's emptied once a fortnight in the long you pay for everything as nothing comes free.
Spring Viewer

Post by Spring Viewer »

Surely, the waste; glass, cans, plastics and cardboard we recycle are free materials to who ever is re-using them again. Ok appreciate they drive to our houses and pick them up, but it's free materials cost for someone to turn into a saleable product again. I'd like to know how much our recycling material is sold on for!

Also, I saw something on the tv recently where the companies use people to pick through the tonnes of recycling material once it arrives at the depots. The stuff comes in on conveyor belts and they hand pick the plastic's, metals and glass out. Seems like we'll be doing this based on the consultation survey. So, unless I've missed something does this mean a reduction in our council tax? Probably not, more likely to be more profit in the recycling depot.