MP Seeking Rail Complaints

For the customers of Greater Anglia and Network Rail
onmyplanet

MP Seeking Rail Complaints

Post by onmyplanet »

Our local MP is asking for our comments and complaints about the Greater Anglia service by the end of month so that he can raise them with rail bosses.
If you haven't seen the request, here's the link

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/N ... 174904.htm

Please send him examples for the sake of those of us that have to use this miserable excuse of an over-priced rail service regularly. By my reckoning it hasn't run on time during rush hour since before xmas despite the fare increases. Staff at Broxbourne tell me that the Hertford line gets cancelled when there's problems on the main line because it's cheaper for them.

Whether anything will change? live in hope rather than expectation
New Boy

Re: MP Seeking Rail Complaints

Post by New Boy »

Had a lot to get off my chest to Mr Prisk:
1) Out of date, dirty and damaged rolling stock is default on the Hertford East Line. Whereas on the Cambridge line they have modern rolling stock with air conditioning and WiFi. When I've enquired previously they said there were no plans to replace rolling stock on the Hertford East line. Recent press coverage says they will introduce 1 new refurbished train in 2014. On Business I use Southern Trains especially, and they similarly have modern rolling stock. Why is there no investment on the Hertford East line?
2) Two trains an hour is not sufficient. If they ran a third train to Stratford it would enable people to make train/tube connections at Tottenham Hale.
3) Indeed Stratford is now a major leisure hub and needs more regular services from Hertfordshire. When I took my family to the Anniversary Games at the Olympic Park last summer , there was one train every two hours?
4) We are second class citizens to the Cambridge/Stansted line. Our trains are regularly sacrificed to keep that service going, even though have more frequent trains?
5) Or if we do leave Liverpool Street on time we are regularly held at Cheshunt for 20 minutes to allow the Cambridge trains to overtake, even though we split after Broxbourne?
6) If running late we are routinely all kicked off at Broxbourne, and have to wait around in the cold for 20 minutes. This is about minimising the fines levied on them, when surely they have a duty to get their passengers to the destination.
7) Over my commuting life the journey time has increased by 10 minutes. Given people are standing by Rye House, there should be at least one train an hour in the rush hour that runs fast from Broxbourne without stopping all over North London?
8) Pricing: at Ware Station I am regularly quoted three different prices for the same ticket dependant on whether I use their App, ticket machines or Booking office.
9) The booking office is invariably closed at Ware station. Given they issue refund vouchers for their appalling service, it is only possible to redeem them by purchasing from the booking office but it is never open!
10) Drivers never seem to be informed about problems. I find their twitter feed is more up-to-date?
11) Given they will fail to improve a more user-friendly online method of claiming refunds.
12) Oyster-type season tickets as the paper ones never last a full calendar year.
13) Security: weekend trains and stations are not pleasant. I find them intimidating and populated by ticketless, drunken louts.
TIN SOLDIER

Post by TIN SOLDIER »

I totally agree with all of the above.I have been traveling daily between Ware and Brimsdown for the past 3 years and over time have also noticed a lack of care and respect Greater Anglia give.The state of the trains, the cancelling of trains for no reason,putting fewer coaches on at busy times,cleanliness... the list is endless.
I my opinion 2 words sum up Greater Anglia for me the first one starting with the letter F and the last word 'shocking'.
IGS

Post by IGS »

New Boy wrote:Had a lot to get off my chest to Mr Prisk:
1) Out of date, dirty and damaged rolling stock is default on the Hertford East Line. Whereas on the Cambridge line they have modern rolling stock with air conditioning and WiFi. When I've enquired previously they said there were no plans to replace rolling stock on the Hertford East line. Recent press coverage says they will introduce 1 new refurbished train in 2014. On Business I use Southern Trains especially, and they similarly have modern rolling stock. Why is there no investment on the Hertford East line?
2) Two trains an hour is not sufficient. If they ran a third train to Stratford it would enable people to make train/tube connections at Tottenham Hale.
3) Indeed Stratford is now a major leisure hub and needs more regular services from Hertfordshire. When I took my family to the Anniversary Games at the Olympic Park last summer , there was one train every two hours?
4) We are second class citizens to the Cambridge/Stansted line. Our trains are regularly sacrificed to keep that service going, even though have more frequent trains?
5) Or if we do leave Liverpool Street on time we are regularly held at Cheshunt for 20 minutes to allow the Cambridge trains to overtake, even though we split after Broxbourne?
6) If running late we are routinely all kicked off at Broxbourne, and have to wait around in the cold for 20 minutes. This is about minimising the fines levied on them, when surely they have a duty to get their passengers to the destination.
7) Over my commuting life the journey time has increased by 10 minutes. Given people are standing by Rye House, there should be at least one train an hour in the rush hour that runs fast from Broxbourne without stopping all over North London?
8) Pricing: at Ware Station I am regularly quoted three different prices for the same ticket dependant on whether I use their App, ticket machines or Booking office.
9) The booking office is invariably closed at Ware station. Given they issue refund vouchers for their appalling service, it is only possible to redeem them by purchasing from the booking office but it is never open!
10) Drivers never seem to be informed about problems. I find their twitter feed is more up-to-date?
11) Given they will fail to improve a more user-friendly online method of claiming refunds.
12) Oyster-type season tickets as the paper ones never last a full calendar year.
13) Security: weekend trains and stations are not pleasant. I find them intimidating and populated by ticketless, drunken louts.
Yeah, but apart from all that...? ;)
onmyplanet

Post by onmyplanet »

In fairness there is one thing they do well (only one) - the Twitter feed. They are very polite despite my regular rants at them.
But, they are running a train service not a social media agency so that doesn't count
Agree with all the above.
Have you noticed they never put the ticket inspectors on the gates or trains when it's running late - they could issue on-the-spot refunds to the fed-up commuters - save on paperwork
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I stopped commuting a year or so ago but my wife who still commutes now says that people are now standing only at Ware sometimes, mainly with the lessor seating stock. My wife suggests it might be because the commuting population has gone up with more flats built etc? Whatever the reason i would have thought that the importance of the line should be proportionate to the population number it serves?
treacleminer

Post by treacleminer »

New Boy wrote:Had a lot to get off my chest to Mr Prisk:
That is remarkably similar to my offering!
IGS

Post by IGS »

Matt40 wrote:I stopped commuting a year or so ago but my wife who still commutes now says that people are now standing only at Ware sometimes, mainly with the lessor seating stock. My wife suggests it might be because the commuting population has gone up with more flats built etc? Whatever the reason i would have thought that the importance of the line should be proportionate to the population number it serves?
Another reason could be people getting on the Hertford bound train at Rye House, St Margarets and Ware as it's the same train that they would catch London bound. I have seen people do it at Ware station.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I don't commute regularly so I have more flexibility than most. For me it makes much more sense to go over to Welwyn GC or down to Broxbourne and take mainline trains. It doesn;t always work, the trains were all badly delayed through Broxbourne on Tuesday morning, but usually it makes things bearable.
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

I've sent my twopenny worth in. I wonder if anything will change :roll: