Webcam - Not Working?

Contributions, adding your business or organisation to Ware Online, suggestions and general feedback about Ware Online.
Barzey

Webcam - Not Working?

Post by Barzey »

Over the past few days I have been unable to get the Webcam operating. Has, or is anyone else having problems? and if so what did you do to correct it please?
I have done nothing different this end at all but something has stopped it coming through. :?:
Blueboy

Re: Webcam - Not Working?

Post by Blueboy »

Same for me. I was asked to activate a new plug in but having done so the connection just hung.
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

The webcam stopped working 8 to 10 days ago. I emailed Hertsdisplay who usually reply pretty quickly but on this occasion they didnt respond. I havent got round to ringing them.
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Just emailed them again at sales@hdprint.co.uk now you've reminded me
Steve

Post by Steve »

If you're using Chrome, the plugin (or rather the technology used by the plugin) is no longer supported.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033

As I recall, the webcam they're using is quite old so it wouldn't surprise me if it's either broken or no longer serviceable, either from a hardware of software POV.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

That would be a great shame to loose that item after all this time. However if there is a replacement required it may be well worth taking a look at www.electrocam.co.uk/ whom provide excellent ones which can be moved and zoomed in and out by the person whom logs into it. I regularly look at one at www.exmouthcam.co.uk/webcam/ should anyone else wish to take a look and see.
craig

Post by craig »

Looks like they have updated the software. Well done Herts Display.
It works on FF and Chrome.
Not tried it on IE.

http://www.wareonline.co.uk/webcam/

/Craig.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

That's interesting. If I follow Craig's link above it works, if I go via the link on the home page I now get a 404 error.
craig

Post by craig »

Blueboy wrote:That's interesting. If I follow Craig's link above it works, if I go via the link on the home page I now get a 404 error.
That's not interesting - that's a broken link - thanks for reporting it. :).
Warewolf

Post by Warewolf »

Working for me on Chrome.