What about a day of live music in Ware?

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
RichardH

What about a day of live music in Ware?

Post by RichardH »

I know we have Rock in the Priory and Music and Motors, but it would be great to see the various pubs, the museum and so on coordinate to have a day of music - something along the lines of the Hertford Musical Mystery Tour - though I am sure it would start off on a smaller scale.

You could call it "Ware Music Day" - WMD :D
Martin

Re: What about a day of live music in Ware?

Post by Martin »

You will no doubt be unaware that I have recently set up an acoustic music group under the U3A umbrella, along similar lines to the "Folk at The Oak" sessions that ran quite successfully for a couple of years, two or three years ago in the Royal Oak pub.

We now have a group of, shall we say, more mature musicians, who get together once a fortnight and jam along to Country, Pop, Irish, Folk etc and have a great, fun-time doing so.

I am sure that we would be able to take part in a music day if it were possible to get one organised.
craig

Post by craig »

We've just managed to get permission to have a day of Music In Ware, similar to what other local towns have done, but with restrictions.

Ware's The Music 2017 will be a pilot, day long music day working with 6 (yes only 6) participating venues.

The day is set for Saturday 13 May so please put it in your diary.

There is a website for further details - www.waresthemusic.co.uk

If bands or musicians would like to play, they should contact the participating venues.

I'll post more details as and when they become available.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Oh no, not yet another terrible pun on the town's name.... Never mind, sounds like it will be a great day!

Any chance Fletcher's Lea could be involved? The setup they had there over the weekend for the Rock In The Priory auditions was really good.

[EDIT]Ah, sorry, I see that it's been limited to that number of venues - not a bad idea to keep it contained for a first time round.
craig

Post by craig »

Ware's the Music - I know. I tried to steer it in another direction, but lost.
It is what it is and we'll make the best of it.

The Town Council were invited to be part of it, but they have bookings at Fletchers Lea on the 13 May.

If you happen to know of any Bad Pilots or Co-Harrys - be sure to point them to the participating venues.
Martin

Post by Martin »

There was a lot of great music in Ware yesterday. I particularly enjoyed The Senses in the Old Bulls Head, and also The Liabilities in the Saracens Head.........two excellent bands.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Yes, a great day. I was helping out at The Southern Maltings so didn't get chance to get round the town to see what else was going on, but I understand it was busy throughout!