Ware Recycling Centre......aka the tip.

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
Martin

Ware Recycling Centre......aka the tip.

Post by Martin »

I notice on the WRC website today that following a Town Planning Application, there will be a public exhibition at Westmill Farm regarding the proposed redevelopment and expansion of the WRC on Wednesday 28th June from 3:30pm-8:30pm.

They state that if you are unable to attend, they will be publishing the proposals online for your comments on 29th June.
Redsky

Re: Ware Recycling Centre......aka the tip.

Post by Redsky »

I suspect this may be for a waste transfer station which I discovered would be needed for the proposed incinerator in Hoddesdon.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

It doesnt't need expanding. It just needs to revert back to it's old opening times.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

This expansion has been discussed for many years. It was under discussion when the incinerator was being proposed for the westmill landfill site. It would make the site able to take more and different materials,and handle things in a different way making it more profitable.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Before I moved away in 2010 I commented to one of the staff at the "tip" that it was becoming harder and harder to dispose of anything there and was told "That'll all change once the changes have been done" when is this going to happen said I? "Soon" said the member of staff.
So it depends on your definition of "soon" as with seven years passing it could be anytime in the 20?
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I have to take a mattress there this morning. What's the betting it'll be a 3/4 hour round trip when it's only 2 mins away in the car :-( ?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I'm told that the size of the tip will at least double, that it will never have to close for disposal of skips, as at least half of it will always be able to open, that it will take a much wider range of materials and there's a chance it will return to seven day opening.
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/about- ... ation.aspx
proposes:
longer opening hrs/7 days per wk/looks about 10x bigger than existing/parking unclear/A Hazardous Waste Storage area shown.
I am told the presentation mentioned that the Ware facility will close for 12months. Great!