Maltings On Kibes Lane

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Ian

Re: Maltings On Kibes Lane

Post by Ian »

Wolf_Admin wrote:Not that it matters to developers very much, but is the Southern Maltings a listed building?

Save the Southern Maltings
http://www.southernmaltings.org.uk
Yes, it's listed - see the listing here:

http://list.english-heritage.org.uk/res ... id=1275435

Please, if you haven't already, write to "planning@eastherts.gov.uk" and make sure you include the reference "CAN 01-14; Southern Malting Building, 16 New Road, Ware, Herts. SG12 7BS

The Southern Maltings is likely to go the same way as the other two maltings and be turned into residential flats.
This has already happened at the North and Central maltings where little of the original character remains.
Little, if any work is needed on the Southern maltings.
The maltings building is the last survivor of the malting industry in Ware, we should preservce our history.
East Herts plan to build lots more houses in Ware but have stated they won't close down community buildings - why the U turn?

Thanks to everyone who's written so far :)
Ian

Post by Ian »

Sorry, I forgot to include the postal address if anyone doesn't want to use email:

The Planning Department,
East Herts Council,
Wallfields,
Pegs Lane,
Hertford.
SG13 8EQ
IGS

Post by IGS »

Has everyone sent out letters to the Council yet? Do they have to be received by the 28th March?
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Just giving this a bump to remind all those that meant to write and haven't got around to it yet, that your emails/letters have to be received by 28th March.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

If I can send an email and a case to keep the iconic buildings from New Zealand then you local guys need to find the time too. :)
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

Has there been any progress with the ideas put forward at the town meeting yet Craig? I saw some "Developers" sniffing around the Maltings Yards this week, so wondered if the sale was still going ahead?
craig

Post by craig »

JudieT wrote:Has there been any progress with the ideas put forward at the town meeting yet Craig?
The Council were due to reply to the nomination on the 9th April but they said because of the level of responses received, (well done everyone) the decision had been delayed to ensure that they are all considered properly. We were advised that there could be a 2 to 3 week delay. It's been nearly 4 weeks now and still no news. Make of that what you will.
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

Did you know it was on the market again? http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-p ... miumA=true

Still no news from the Council?
Ian

Post by Ian »

I don't think it was ever taken off was it? I am deeply disenchanted with EHDC over this and the District Plan and it does rather appear that they want everyone to just go away and forget about it. I've already sent an email to the district councillors and only got one response, so maybe it's time we all started making a fuss about this?

It's tempting to remind them of their attitude to Ware in the elections that are coming up - why should we vote for a council and MP that doesn't bother responding to emails? :x
craig

Post by craig »

EHDC have given their decision on the Southern Matlings. DECLINED!
Although we campaigned to have the Southern Malting nominated as a community asset as a single unit, as is marketed by EHDC, their ruling agrees that 86% of the Southern Maltings Is a community Asset. But the storage unit, occupied by East Herts Council is not a community asset - so the whole nomination was declined.

Absolutely Outrageous.

Read all the details here:
http://www.eastherts.gov.uk/media/pdf/h ... ltings.pdf