Obnoxious Exercise Class at Allenbury's this Morning

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
pinkiepink31

Re: Obnoxious Exercise Class at Allenbury's this Morning

Post by pinkiepink31 »

MB1 live and let live... This area is well away from residential housing and clearly not everyone walking the river was as offended by this as you have been.
Maybe stay away from the river and vicinity for the community events on Bank Holiday Monday as a Jazz Band are playing in the Priory and on Sunday 19th July for Rock in the Priory where I'm sure you will find "people (will be) trying to destroy the quality of living in a quiet country town".
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

pinkiepink31 wrote:MB1 live and let live... This area is well away from residential housing and clearly not everyone walking the river was as offended by this as you have been.
Maybe stay away from the river and vicinity for the community events on Bank Holiday Monday as a Jazz Band are playing in the Priory and on Sunday 19th July for Rock in the Priory where I'm sure you will find "people (will be) trying to destroy the quality of living in a quiet country town".
Don't forget the raft race and all those noisy competitors and spectators!........................
Mancunian

Post by Mancunian »

mb1 wrote:So Mancunian you believe that extremely loud volumes of music are appropriate for an otherwise quiet riverside location? Clearly you have no affinity for the town and the kind of place it is. Why do you live here if you hate it so much. What annoys me is people trying to destroy the quality of living in a quiet country town.
where in my post do i say i have no affinity for this town and that i hate it so much, sorry but you are way of the mark, i moved to Ware over 20 years ago out of choice not because i had to for work redeployment, i didn't have to move here but i loved it and decided to take up the option. i just get really narked when the slightest thing upsets people so much it's an outcry... example is the shops in the high street, if a chain shows some interest it all starts, oh we cant have that it will ruin everything blah blah blah... where have all the asda haters suddenly gone... if someone is doing a keep fit event or some sort of function i don't understand why it's an issue... maybe the music was loud i don't know but they probably did it there so not to annoy people but seems they were wrong, just like people who walk their dogs on the river and let them crap everywhere so my kids trample in it all.....this is what this site has been missing for some time a good old rant and disagreement, ding ding round 1...
REG

Post by REG »

Back to the original thread I have to say - it was unnecessarily loud. The town and the river is for everyone to enjoy and this was a clear breach of thoughtlessness added to someone giving the class loving the sound of their own voice. I pitied anyone including myself who went for a nice quite Sunday morning walk along the river!
trev

Post by trev »

I really cannot understand why this thread was started. But then this has become Whingeonline not Wareonline!

Some people at Glaxos were having a perfectly reasonable exercise class (aerobics, whatever). As a lot of people work full time Monday to Friday, the weekend is the only time they are able to manage to do what we are constantly told to do to keep healthy - attend an exercise class. As they were outside in the sunshine and fresh air, really impressive for all, it happened to be a bit louder than normal. Had I been walking along the riverside at that point I would have been impressed with their dedication to fitness. I attend gym as well as running, walking and cycling to try and keep fit, the last three of these along the towpath. I am still a fat bloke though!

When walking on the towpath it takes just a few minutes to walk past Allenbury's and so if they are partaking in a rather noisy exercise, it is only a short time before it is out of earshot. Of course, you could always go the other way so that you do not have to experience the extreme pain that you obviously have by seeing other people enjoying and helping themselves.

So one person's peaceful walk along the river was disrupted by a large group of people putting in a lot of effort to keep fit and improve their lives. Do the sums and get a life!
craig

Post by craig »

Wow - this is friendly.
Mk1

Post by Mk1 »

I'm sure no one here has any problem with people being healthy and enjoying themselves.
Playing loud music at the same isn't a factor in achieving this.

Why should anyone have to go the other way if they are offended by anti-social behaviour?

The people playing the music should have had more respect for their environment.