Cleaning Harddrive

A forum for advice about local trades, regulations and services in Ware.
REG

Cleaning Harddrive

Post by REG »

Does anyone know how much it will cost to have the hard drive cleaned. I am having an on going problem with my computer - currently hyjacked by my search dial?!?!?! :evil:
Joost

Re: Cleaning Harddrive

Post by Joost »

Do it yourself.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here...
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

You only need the Free version (which will offer to start a 1 month free trial of the Pro version).
Download it, install it, update it, run it and then 'tick' the items it finds and remove/fix them.

It really is simple to use.
REG

Post by REG »

Thank you for that but already done-once the free trial ended, things went from bad to worse?!
Alec

Post by Alec »

If it's only MySearchDial, then the instructions here may be all you need.

I got stuck with one of these search engine unchangable settings a while back. Pretty easy to remove once you realise what's going on.
Steve

Post by Steve »

REG wrote:Thank you for that but already done-once the free trial ended, things went from bad to worse?!
Download the FREE version, not the trial version. When installing, if you're prompted for a version to install be sure to select FREE. They've always provided a free version and I always install it on any PC I'm asked to set up or fix.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

I have also had success with HitmanPro, which is free as well. You download it onto a USB stick, and then boot the PC from that - it then goes through and removes the nasties.