395 bus service

A forum for advice about local trades, regulations and services in Ware.
salwal

395 bus service

Post by salwal »

Is anyone aware of notices available for the current 395 bus diversion? I can't seen anything on the website - nothing posted on bus stops etc - this service is currently being diverted but no warning seems to have been given to customers. Many users in the Ware area are elderly, and with two of the usual bus stops out of action are being considerably inconvenienced. This also happened some time ago. I would complain via the website but I've never had a reply previously.
mb1

Re: 395 bus service

Post by mb1 »

What are the affected stops?
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

I was on the bus on Wednesday. After the Homefield Road stop we set off up Tower Road and then Parnel Road, before getting back to Cromwell Road and stopping at The Jolly Bargeman. As far as I'm aware it's only the Fanhams Road stop that's affected at the moment. However we didn't know until we were on the diversion when someone queried what was going on with the driver. Not sure what they are doing and how long it will last. There weren't any street lights working either so it was fun trying to find the way through all the barriers - a bit of advance warning would have been welcome!
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

salwal wrote:Is anyone aware of notices available for the current 395 bus diversion? I can't seen anything on the website - nothing posted on bus stops etc - this service is currently being diverted but no warning seems to have been given to customers. Many users in the Ware area are elderly, and with two of the usual bus stops out of action are being considerably inconvenienced. This also happened some time ago. I would complain via the website but I've never had a reply previously.
Do try complaining. I have complained twice via their website and both times they responded by phoning me after a few days.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Can I ask if anyone knows what route (if any!) the 395 is taking at the moment with Jefferies Road closed to traffic due to the water main replacement going on? I have emailed to ask (I thought to Arriva) - but got a reply from Herts County Council that they didn't know the road is closed and helpfully (NOT) advising me where the next nearest bus stop is. Strange they don't know as there are lots of road signs and a diversion in place for other traffic to use Gardner Road, so one presumes their Highways Department was involved with that.
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

Presume you mean the diversion is via Garland Road.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Yes, you're right, I did mean Garland Road. Thanks for correcting this but do you have any information re the bus route please?
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

Sorry no information but suggest you try Intalink on 0300 123 4050.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Thanks for the phone number for Intalink, I couldn't find one before. However it was actually Interlink that I emailed and they just passed it on to an Enquiry Officer In Herts CC Transport office, so I'm not sure if it's worth contacting them again. I have to use the bus today to get to an appointment - looks like it will be better to walk down and get a bus from the College!

Edited to add: Have looked again at the email reply I got from Herts CC - it's the same telephone number as given for Intalink so obviously they are the same office. Not sure why they have to confuse us with two different names! End result - the same, they don't know. I have now emailed them again to express my surprise at this and to ask for clarification on what is happening to 395 now and in future weeks when the works move to other roads on the route.