Barclays Ware

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
FLIPPER

Barclays Ware

Post by FLIPPER »

Went in Ware branch of Barclays this morning to find no tills being manned and their blinds down. One staff member sitting down in a kiosk dealing with a client and a hand written notice on the machine 'no cash transactions' . Stood there for several minutes, no one came out or offered any explanation, although several people also came in, and like myself finally left without seeing anyone.Very poor service!
JCB

Re: Barclays Ware

Post by JCB »

Barclays generally offer pretty poor customer service and value for money. Personally I would pop up the road to Santander and open an account there. They always seem to go out of their way to help and have never known them to refuse cash transactions. I'm not quite sure what local business are supposed to do if they bank at Barclays......
Steve

Post by Steve »

They've removed all the tills in the Hertford branch
FLIPPER

Post by FLIPPER »

Yes you are right Steve. I did bank in Hertford until they went electronic, and so switched to Ware, only to find no one there today. Maybe its time to change banks, although if you read the reports, nearly all the banks will either be closing branches, or follow Barclays idea of marketing. The days of seeing a helpful and friendly face in the banks see to be limited.
patthefatcat

Post by patthefatcat »

stupid idea, how are you meant to put cash in as a business, you cant do it electronically. time to put it under the mattress i think :)
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

We bank with NatWest but for various reasons I have to use all the banks in the High Street at times. Without any question the best customer service is from Lloyds. They are ALWAYS well 'manned' and extraordinarily helpful too