Street life.com

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
ware_resident

Street life.com

Post by ware_resident »

I've just received a letter regarding the above, who have " launched a neighbourly network where I live".

By joining them I will be able to share crime alerts, lost pets, community events, exchange skills, recommend locals. (Sounds a lot like WOL)

Has anybody had any experience of them !
Steve

Re: Street life.com

Post by Steve »

Hertford households are receiving them too
Mel

Post by Mel »

We had one too and I was going to ask if anyone had joined it. We've got it all here though haven't we?!
Simes

Post by Simes »

Someone must see it as a way to earn a few quid. "In established areas we do generate a small amount of revenue from local businesses" - so wait for the direct marketing to start. Their website says they are linked to Archant - who I think own (or owned) the free 'Star' newspaper amongst many others.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Must be a National shower of the leaflets - we even got them today out in the Fens
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Most people joining, me included are just curious. Looks like a cross between Facebook/Wareonline/Freegle/Freecycle etc and is clearly an ongoing development project. They are canvasing for enhancement suggestions. Unfair to judge at this stage as most comments are simply saying they've joined as a result of the leaflets. My 'neighbours' seem to be Ware/Chapmore /Stanstead Abbotts & I haven't spotted a map to say what 'my area' is.
If it builds up over time some functions could be useful, eg trader recommendation counts. Might pop back in a month & take another look.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Started by an individual in London who didn't have the gumption to knock on his neighbours' doors.

Apparently they're rolling out county by county. I think the Archant partnership is regional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag6BEp_rYqc
Newbie to SG12

Post by Newbie to SG12 »

Tried to log in to it tonight - site under construction so unable to view it!!