Need a TV aerial person

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
John_D

Re: Need a TV aerial person

Post by John_D »

Alec wrote:I ended up using Sele Farm Aerials, and am delighted with what I got.

A professional service which did end up persuading me to do more than I originally wanted, but for good reason once I could see the state of what I had up on the roof. And reasonably priced for the job carried out (too high for me!)

Biggest joy: I ended up with a sensible aerieal:

Rather than one of these monstrosities that you see everywhere:
Image Image
While they are much neater they do not have the gain of the larger aerials. :| (usually see the benefit of the higher gain aerials in the spring/summer when the trees have a full canopy of leaves which will attenuate incoming signals if in the path).
Hope the cost of the actual aerial wasn't much more than this:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-PERFORMA ... 51b77a4e4c
Alec

Post by Alec »

John_D wrote:While they are much neater they do not have the gain of the larger aerials. :| (usually see the benefit of the higher gain aerials in the spring/summer when the trees have a full canopy of leaves which will attenuate incoming signals if in the path).
Don't worry - if you knew where I lived and the position of the aerial, you'd know that there are *no* leaves (or anything else) that will block the signal path.

And no, I don't feel at all ripped off, a very reasonable cost for the parts required, and the labour involved.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Alec wrote:
John_D wrote:While they are much neater they do not have the gain of the larger aerials. :| (usually see the benefit of the higher gain aerials in the spring/summer when the trees have a full canopy of leaves which will attenuate incoming signals if in the path).
Don't worry - if you knew where I lived and the position of the aerial, you'd know that there are *no* leaves (or anything else) that will block the signal path.

And no, I don't feel at all ripped off, a very reasonable cost for the parts required, and the labour involved.
Good to hear that 8-)
Mel

Post by Mel »

We had Sele Farm Aerials out to fix our aerial, professional job, well done and reasonably priced (I think!) but we are very happy with the job he did. On time as well.