TomTom repairs

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
MJB

TomTom repairs

Post by MJB »

Can anyone recommend a local place to get a TomTom satnav repaired?
There's a crack in the touchscreen after it got squashed by a closing glovebox door :oops:
Alec

Re: TomTom repairs

Post by Alec »

Afraid I can't suggest a suitable place for repair, but...

I gave up on my TomTom a while back, as the satnav on my smartphone is *waaay* better. For Android, Waze does an outstanding job at finding alternative routes around traffic. Or, if you don't want to use mobile data, Here is pretty good, with fully downloadable maps. It was a trip to the US (my TomTom had only European maps) that prompted me to try - and I haven't looked back since. All it cost me was a few pounds for a cheap windscreen mount.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Hi there I just typed in 'Tom Tom Satnav repairs' and there was a host of places. Here's one that seems probable http://www.tomtomrepairs.co.uk/ Hope this helps
John_D

Post by John_D »

What model of Tom Tom is it? Replacement screens are readily available but vary wildly in price depending on the model.
Unless you can fit a screen yourself it is unlikely to be an economical exercise to get it repaired :cry:
MJB

Post by MJB »

it's the Start 20 4.3 incher, so yes it's a calculation as to whether it's worth getting repaired or fork out for a new one (only £90 or so just now).
I'm just checking if there's any walk in places I could take it first, before having to send it off to a mail order repair shop.
thanks all
Alec

Post by Alec »

MJB wrote:it's the Start 20 4.3 incher, so yes it's a calculation as to whether it's worth getting repaired or fork out for a new one (only £90 or so just now).
Or £70 from Halfords