Wanted Fridge

Description of your first forum.
REG

Wanted Fridge

Post by REG »

I am looking to buy a standard free standing larder fridge. Just need a second hand one for a few weeks. Does anyone have one I could buy please. Also want a second hand microwave. Just for a bedsit situation for my son.
Whereaami

Re: Wanted Fridge

Post by Whereaami »

If you have no luck with a microwave, Tesco Direct do a brand new one for only £35

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-mm08- ... d=204-8921
REG

Post by REG »

Thank you Whereaami - that is so good - I shall get one ordered.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Whoah hang on there 'Reg' .....Why don't you try the 'British Heart Foundation Shops' for one. I saw one in the Peterborough store only the other day at £60. It was a Tall 'Beko' one and looked in good condition. There was at least two other larder Fridges just standing there
I realise that its a long way from you but there must be BHF shops nearby. Well worth a try and the guarantee them for 3 months. Ideal for a temp job.
Good luck
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Stansted Abbots used to have a company that traded in white goods seconds they were on the Maltings estate.

Recycled Kitchen Appliances.

Address: The Maltings, Stanstead Abbotts, Ware, Hertfordshire SG12 8HG, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 1920 877238
REG

Post by REG »

Thank you for replies - I shall try both British Heart Foundation and Stanstead Abbots company.
JCB

Post by JCB »

If you are going down the second-hand route make sure that the appliance has been PAT tested for safety, a legal requirement.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Any of the charity shops that sell electrical items will have had them PAD tested - that's why not many of them do so! There is another charity shop in Harlow - near the Bus Station - that does sell lots of furniture and household goods; not sure but I think that may be British Heart Foundation too. The other thing you could try is to join the local Freegle group [freegle.in/hertford] and put a wanted post on there - but any item obtained would be at your own risk of course.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Just as a bit of info, The Maltings, Stanstead Abbotts second-hand shop has now closed.