Ware Town Council

Committees, the mayor and local authority issues
The Masked Woler

Re: Ware Town Council

Post by The Masked Woler »

Not sure what you mean by "enlightened"

Some people, particularly women on their own feel intimidated going into pubs (and for some pubs this applies to men).

I would also not want to take small children in because of the new vocabulary they would learn - I recall one very graphic and clearly audible conversation of what one guy was going to do with his girlfriend when he got home. Could lead to a summons to see the headteacher next day.

But YMMV.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I can see that some pubs/cafes might want some cash to allow their toilets to be used generally. But Tesco??? That's just forking out public money for no good reason. There is no difference from before the East Herts scheme to afterwards as far as Tesco is concerned, except they get money. they never chased people out of the toilets if they weren;t shopping before the scheme started.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Please can we return to topic - the value of Ware Town Council. :)
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Steve wrote:Please can we return to topic - the value of Ware Town Council. :)
I would have thought a discussion of a service which is provided by WTC and the scheme which EHDC have used to replace it is on topic.
From the article in the Merc soon to be coming your way.

In any event this whole discussion is under housing development :)
mb1

Post by mb1 »

On major issues the Conservative party from Town Council to MP act as one. This was the case with the fight against the incinerator which they eventually decided to join. So, if we are to have any hope of avoiding a near doubling of the size of Ware and development making us part of a ribbon suburb stretching down the A10 to London then it will be up to the Conservatives to say loud and clear that they do not want that, that they are committed to substantial preservation of the green belt and of the current character of towns like Ware. Sadly, my bet is that the local Tory party is incapable of doing anything of the sort, that they will simply cave in to developers and allow the burying of our surrounding countryside under concrete.
Ian

Post by Ian »

mb1 wrote:...it will be up to the Conservatives to say loud and clear that they do not want that, that they are committed to substantial preservation of the green belt and of the current character of towns like Ware.
The problem is the Conservatives at EHDC at least have consistently said that they *want* the extra housing and in particular want it in Ware. I believe Mark Prisk has said he same in parliamentary questions and I suspect HCC also want it, so the population of Ware and WTC are seen as either NIMBYs or as putting their heads in the sand.