A10 SLip Road (A414 Harlow) Closure

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
david c

A10 SLip Road (A414 Harlow) Closure

Post by david c »

Hello, does anyone know the specifics relating to the A10 slip road southbound to access the A414? Apparently shut from 01:00 25/7/16 until beginning of September according to the sign just before it.
david c

Re: A10 SLip Road (A414 Harlow) Closure

Post by david c »

Since posting, I have now found the following, could cause some delays?:

Roadworks, delays likely

25 Jul - 2 Sep

A10 Hoddesdon Bypass S/B Exit Slip...

Responsibility for these works

Hertfordshire County Council Hertfordshire County Council

Information for Road Users

Location: A10 Hoddesdon Bypass S/B Exit Slip Turnford, Stanstead St Margarets, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
Traffic lights, etc: Road closure

Contact Hertfordshire County Council

Incase of urgent enquiry relating to these works please call 03001234047

Highway Authority: Hertfordshire County Council
Description: Embankment failure reconstruction. slip road closure 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Permit status: Permit Granted
Works ref: FM100A10-ARP17183
John_D

Post by John_D »

Lets hope that it is signposted better than the closure of the northbound half of the A10 junction at Hoddesdon. Why was there no indication of no access to the A10 northbound at the Morrisons roundabout? Only when you get to the junction over the A10 is there any indication that you have to turn south bound, down the A10, and drive all the way down to Cheshunt to turn back onto the northbound carriage way :evil:
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Yes, we got caught by that on Friday night....
John_D

Post by John_D »

Drove past the closed slip road this morning. Just where are people, driving south down the A10, expecting to get on the A414 eastbound supposed to go? I was expecting diversion signs at the Hoddesdon junction, (where I turned off) but saw nothing. :?
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

I would have thought that you could use the B1502 from Rush Green roundabout and rejoin the A414 at Great Amwell roundabout. Take care though there is a nasty bend where this road goes under the A10.
John_D

Post by John_D »

jasmine98 wrote:I would have thought that you could use the B1502 from Rush Green roundabout and rejoin the A414 at Great Amwell roundabout. Take care though there is a nasty bend where this road goes under the A10.
There are several ways around it if you are local and know the area but there are lots of people that are not local and would be coming down the A10 and expect to be able to turn off and access the M11 via the A414. The complete lack of detour information for these people is ridiculous. Had the part closure of the Hoddesdon junction roundabout not been timed to coincide with this (same contractors by any chance?) a simple detour via this junction, back onto the A10 northbound then turn off back onto the A414 at the Great Amwell junction would have been so simple :roll: .
david c

Post by david c »

According to the website where I found the information the diversion is up to the Hoddesdon roundabout and back to the A414 slip road, but this is not signposted at all, needs improving.