Ware town gridlock

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Scottman

Ware town gridlock

Post by Scottman »

I never fail to be amazed at the seeming ability of road planners to introduce so many sets of roadworks at the same time, that it becomes impossible to move anywhere around the town.

Between the roadworks (but no work) on the A10 flyover, the emergency (gas?) roadworks on the rail bridge today and an extraordinary litter of other 'works' all over town, the place is just impossible at the moment.
kay

Re: Ware town gridlock

Post by kay »

I think it is a plan to cut Ware off from the outside world!
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I had exactly the same thought Scottman! I was going on a family day out to Stansted Mountfichet castle. I could not believe it took me 20 mins to get through the high street at 9.45am and then another 3/4 hour to get through road works at Standen! What a joke, do they all come out together planned for one of the busiest get away days of the year? Makes my blood boil!
trev

Post by trev »

Have you never noticed that there are always lots of roadworks, kirb/paving replacements at this time of year? All were started before the end of the financial year (5th April) so that they could use up what is left of the year's budget. Some are not even necessary but must use up the budget or next year's will be cut!
Ian

Post by Ian »

I can't help wondering why they didn't do this work when the bridge was being repaired on the A10 recently? Surely it would have made sense to do both at once to minimize disruption?