Off roading in Ware

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Alec

Re: Off roading in Ware

Post by Alec »

It's clearly that time of year when roads are being fixed - money to be spent before end of financial year...

After years of being a lunar landscape, the speed table in Bowling Road is now a thing of joy, which can be navigated without losing fillings.

Sadly, there's plenty more still to be done. Keep reporting the potholes - if you don't report them, then definitely nothing will be done...
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Before I left Ware I witnessed a repair where a guy turned up with a ute and off the back shovelled some cold fill tarmac into a hole in the road then push it down with his foot and then drove off, there was no preparation and nothing to encourage the tarmac to stay in the hole so that within hours it was gone. I was told a company had the contract to go around and fill the potholes and so it was not in their interest to do the job correctly but a total waste of tax payers money.
I'd like to think that things have improved?
Alec

Post by Alec »

The cold snaps in Feb/Mar have done nothing for our roads.

If you're into caving, take a look at the pothole in Cromwell Road by Hampden Hill - I'd love to tell you how deep it is, but I've never actually managed to see all the way to the bottom...
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Alec wrote:The cold snaps in Feb/Mar have done nothing for our roads.

If you're into caving, take a look at the pothole in Cromwell Road by Hampden Hill - I'd love to tell you how deep it is, but I've never actually managed to see all the way to the bottom...
It could become a tourist attraction!
Mel

Post by Mel »

Top of Jefferies Road and bottom of Hampden Hill have now been 'repaired'
Alec

Post by Alec »

Mel wrote:Top of Jefferies Road and bottom of Hampden Hill have now been 'repaired'
They've done a reasonable job at the bottom of Hampden Hill, but there's another one just waiting to emerge.

I don't give the repair at the top of Jeffries Road long, though...
Mel

Post by Mel »

:D