Wengeo Lane and Chauncy field

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
The Masked Woler

Re: Wengeo Lane and Chauncy field

Post by The Masked Woler »

John_D wrote:
Simes wrote:Outline of the planned road improvements is here:
http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/tra ... /18425052/

Includes traffic lights and widening of the A10/A602 roundabout.
Interesting, but what has the bottom end of Wengeo lane got to do with any of that?
It's within 500m as per the letter.
John_D

Post by John_D »

The Masked Woler wrote:
John_D wrote:
Simes wrote:Outline of the planned road improvements is here:
http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/tra ... /18425052/

Includes traffic lights and widening of the A10/A602 roundabout.
Interesting, but what has the bottom end of Wengeo lane got to do with any of that?
It's within 500m as per the letter.
That's stretching the point a bit, I'm sure that the true meaning of that statement is that something would have to be within 500 metres of any proposed work along the A602 or adjoining roads, The South part of Wengeo lane has not adjoined the A602, except for pedestrian access, for almost 30 years now, though some Sat Navs still insist that there is vehicular access to Park Road via Wengeo Lane :? The area covered by the proposed survey was no impact on any of the proposed A602 'improvements' (traffic lights on the A602/A10 roundabout - they are having a laugh surely? :lol: ) UNLESS further housing, with a re-opened Wengeo Lane for access from Watton Road, directly onto the A602 was a possibility, or does the person responsible for the decision to tie this survey to the A602 'improvements' just have an out of date SAT NAV? :roll:
Alec

Post by Alec »

Don't see anything suspicious in this, other than the laughable inability to identify the owner of the land.

Environmental surveys are likely to include sound measurements, air quality measurements assessment of drainage - all of which are entirely reasonable to changes to a major road.

Not too sure how much the proposed work will actually help congestion in the area, mind - especially if we're spending £20m on it!
DIWIT

Post by DIWIT »

Whilst we are on the subject of Chauncy Field and its mystery ownership. Any one know what is happening to the lower field which has been left fallow for nearly a year? I suspect its most probably been sold off for more housing.
John_D

Post by John_D »

DIWIT wrote:Whilst we are on the subject of Chauncy Field and its mystery ownership. Any one know what is happening to the lower field which has been left fallow for nearly a year? I suspect its most probably been sold off for more housing.
If you read the first post in this thread you will see that I instigated it for this very reason, due to rumours that I had heard.
The Masked Woler

John_D wrote:
DIWIT wrote:Whilst we are on the subject of Chauncy Field and its mystery ownership. Any one know what is happening to the lower field which has been left fallow for nearly a year? I suspect its most probably been sold off for more housing.
If you read the first post in this thread you will see that I instigated it for this very reason, due to rumours that I had heard.
If you follow the link posted above you will find out, no suspicions or rumours required.
DIWIT

Post by DIWIT »

Thanks for referring me back to the original post. I think it is fairly certain that the land has been sold for affordable/social housing. I would not be surprised to see 40/50 units on the site with access from Park Road opposite GSK. I dare say plans are being drawn up as we post. Just waiting for the yellow planning notices to appear!
John_D

Post by John_D »

The Masked Woler wrote:
John_D wrote:
If you follow the link posted above you will find out, no suspicions or rumours required.
I hope that you are right, but I think that you are being a trifle naive, I too expect planning application notices for more housing to appear before too long. :(
The Masked Woler

The link I refer to is the Chauncy Newsletter which makes it quite clear the land behind the pool is being sold off for housing.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

The land is being sold and houses will be built. This does not affect Fanshawe Pool. The money will be used by the school for a new and much improved sports hall.