101 New Homes for Crane Mead

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
RCR1

Re: 101 New Homes for Crane Mead

Post by RCR1 »

I see they have appealed
http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/swiftlg/ ... ts%3C/a%3E
Hopefully those who disagree with the plans will remember to write/lobby as we had to last time
Steve

Post by Steve »

RCR1 wrote:I see they have appealed
http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/swiftlg/ ... ts%3C/a%3E
Hopefully those who disagree with the plans will remember to write/lobby as we had to last time
Comments submitted as part of the original application are always included in any appeal
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

In fact you are not able to make any more comments. The link posted by RCR1 says:
This application has already been decided. You cannot comment on it
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

"This application has already been decided. You cannot comment on it"
is the standard text for the application as that has closed.

Additional comments can be made: (extract from E.H Planning email)

Any comments you may have already made following the original application (unless they are expressly confidential) will be forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate and copied to the appellant and will be taken into account by the Inspector on deciding the appeal.
Should you wish to withdraw or modify any earlier comments or to make your views known at this stage, you should write direct to the Planning Inspectorate, Room 3/05 Wing, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN, quoting reference APP/J1915/W/14/3001912, enclosing three copies of your comments. Please ensure that any representation which you wish to make are received by 18 March 2015, ....
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Sadly I only found out today that the appeal against this plan has been rejected and all the businesses in Crane Mead that are affected by this plan will have to either move or close with loss of employment.
Particularly sorry for DJ Rover. As mentioned earlier it is the one in Ware that for me has been the most friendly and trustworthy of those I have tried. They have been there many years as a family business and are very busy. 80% + of their customers are Ware people, many within walkng distance or users of Ware station. Moving a car repair business is difficult and very costly. Despite looking in a 10mile radius they haven't found any alternative accommodation. Car repair needs parking and also it appears that car repair/servicing is not welcome in some places that are advertised.
They have around 6 months notice but it may be more as I cant be sure of the details.
All the above was all obtained during a chat while getting my car serviced and MOT'd there today so assume its longer and carry on using them.
That's life!
Steve

Post by Steve »

RCR1 wrote:Sadly I only found out today that the appeal against this plan has been rejected ...
You mean that the appeal has been allowed.

If the appeal had been rejected then the planning refusal would have stood.
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

RCR1 wrote:Sadly I only found out today that the appeal against this plan has been rejected and all the businesses in Crane Mead that are affected by this plan will have to either move or close with loss of employment.
Particularly sorry for DJ Rover. As mentioned earlier it is the one in Ware that for me has been the most friendly and trustworthy of those I have tried. They have been there many years as a family business and are very busy. 80% + of their customers are Ware people, many within walkng distance or users of Ware station. Moving a car repair business is difficult and very costly. Despite looking in a 10mile radius they haven't found any alternative accommodation. Car repair needs parking and also it appears that car repair/servicing is not welcome in some places that are advertised.
They have around 6 months notice but it may be more as I cant be sure of the details.
All the above was all obtained during a chat while getting my car serviced and MOT'd there today so assume its longer and carry on using them.
That's life!
That is awful news. Really sorry for them as have used them for 18 /19 years. I shall give them a call later
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Yes, DJ Rover are good guys. Really hope they manage to find an alternative location.
Mancunian

Post by Mancunian »

if that's the case then if that many new places are being built they really need to look at the junction access to viaduct rd, it's a lottery now to get out of there at the best of times and all the additional cars isn't going to help at all, is the engineering firm manog (not sure if correct spelling) affected by this as well or is it just swains mill bit?
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

I was talking to Chris at DJ Rovers today and the good news is that they have finally found a place to move their business to. Its only a mile and a half away down the road that starts at the little hump back left turn that leads to Gt Amwell, half way to VanHages (Lower Rd). They are doing up a building down there with a view to moving around Mid August. If you want to see exactly where it is try SG12 8EB. Their phone number will stay the same. The only problem is that living on the far side of Ware to their new location its a bit far to walk back and forth to. He did say they will give lifts though.
(I am in no way associated with the business other than I value them having tried some of the others in Ware)