50 more houses, is Park Road not busy enough ?

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
Ian

Re: 50 more houses, is Park Road not busy enough ?

Post by Ian »

The Masked Woler wrote:
Ian wrote: Now, can we keep on topic please and not talk about Asda in the 50 houses n Park Road thread? If you want to talk about Asda, use either the existing thread or start a new one please.
I suggest it is on topic - the op says this "A dead-end road, grid locked traffic at certain times of the day, numerous near accidents, a new supermarket, additional housing, an expanding multi-national company, two expanding schools, a nursery, numerous residential properties, free parking on the side of the road, how much more can Park Road take ?"
Discussing the affect of traffic on Watton Road by Asda and even Sainsburys is hardly on topic and I would suggest most unlikely to affect the traffic on that part of Park Road.

Now, were there any conditions put on the approval for the houses? For example the development made no mention of improvements to infrastructure to cope with the extra 50 households, but hopefully there will be some section 106 money to cover that?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Glaxo has been working with St Caths and Chauncy and Highways for ages on a traffic calming and parking plan for Park Road. I'm really not clear why no action has been taken.
alee

Post by alee »

I see planning permission has been granted now on this development. https://publicaccess.eastherts.gov.uk/o ... ZP9GLXE258
Wareite1969

Post by Wareite1969 »

I assume the attached relates to this development. Nice to see they've started off as a good community neighbour :cry:

Not the author of the note just posting it
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (227.82 KiB) Viewed 13237 times
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

I'm not sure the words on the sign are true. There are 70 docs on this planning app. so I've only read the Arboricultural Report which says:
"H18 mixed hedge is growing along the site’s western boundary with Wengeo Lane – some of this hedge may encroach onto what appears to be highways
maintained? land."

and para H18 further down gives reasons for removal.
However, elsewhere there could well be conditions that disallow removal.