50 more houses, is Park Road not busy enough ?

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
The Masked Woler

Re: 50 more houses, is Park Road not busy enough ?

Post by The Masked Woler »

andyc wrote: Think they may be scared of Park Road at school time!
The Lollypop Lady certainly was.
Alec

Post by Alec »

It appears that the Town Council will be considering the planning application for the housing and the sports hall on Monday.

http://www.waretowncouncil.gov.uk/Core/ ... 6.1.15.pdf
makes for interesting reading, with an objection (p20-30) from local residents. Worth a read?

My take on it was that some of the objections were ill-presented rants, where others were very well considered. Have a read and make your own minds up...
footman

Post by footman »

you should live down here,the numbers of cars picking up school children (who would be better off walking) badly parked and in wrong places ie on zagzag entrance lines pm
where parking is not allowed 8 am to 5 pm. read your no parking sign if you are able
andyc

Post by andyc »

footman wrote:you should live down here,the numbers of cars picking up school children (who would be better off walking) badly parked and in wrong places ie on zagzag entrance lines pm
where parking is not allowed 8 am to 5 pm. read your no parking sign if you are able
Someone yesterday said that they were told (could have been Councillor Alan Warman but don't hold me to it) that the single yellow lines were unenforceable.

So why not put in double yellows? My son attends Chauncy (he walks close to 2 miles each way) and on the rare occasion I have to go down there at school time you cannot get down Park Road where the Nursery is. Would the residents be happy with double yellows opposite them?

Then double Yellows 50 yards either side of St Cath and Chauncy.

re: zigzags: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27429481
craig

Post by craig »

footman wrote:you should live down here...
Really? I didn't think there was any more room down there. ;)
Dazzzzer

Post by Dazzzzer »

Alec wrote:It appears that the Town Council will be considering the planning application for the housing and the sports hall on Monday.

http://www.waretowncouncil.gov.uk/Core/ ... 6.1.15.pdf
makes for interesting reading, with an objection (p20-30) from local residents. Worth a read?

My take on it was that some of the objections were ill-presented rants, where others were very well considered. Have a read and make your own minds up...
-------------------------------------------------------

If any of you attended the meeting last night you will already know that the Town Council made the right decision to object to both planning applications for a number of reasons.

Sport England have also objected to the housing development as it results in the permanent loss of playing field land.

As I have mentioned in earlier postings, Chauncy is a great school but thankfully many people do not think fund raising for new facilities should be to the detriment of the local community and loss of community space.

Whilst the School has expanded in recent years but has not provided additional provisions for drop off/collection or parking it may be time for the School to address the management of its site rather than further burden the local community and change the landscape forever for raising just £2m for a Sports Hall.

Riversmead Housing Association and Chauncy School Limited are working with JLL, a global company rather than a local one to project manage the scheme, no doubt lots of expense already yet they do not provide current aerial views to show the School site as it is today !

Hopefully EHDC will do the right thing and object for the same reasons as the Town Council.

If you would like to object, the planners do not accept emails so letters should be sent, in the next few days, to:

Planning Department
East Herts District Council
Wallfields
Pegs Lane
Hertford
Herts SG13 8EQ

There are 2 separate planning applications

Sports Hall Ref No: 3/14/2250/FP
Housing Ref No: 3/14/2292/FP
andyc

Post by andyc »

This should not be a war or words, putting forward the other views.

Of course, if you were one of the people who came to the meeting in the school who requested more details as you wanted local housing, hoping to move from the flats in Trapstyle to a house

or you a parent who would like their child not having to leave school premises to do indoor sports or having more sports facilities available for their child

or a local organisation that cannot get access to local sports facilities as they are already booked (I fall into this category)

You can show your support, the planners do not accept emails so letters should be sent, in the next few days, to:

Planning Department
Wallfields
Pegs Lane
Hertford
Herts SG13 8EQ

Dazzzzer

Post by Dazzzzer »

andyc wrote:This should not be a war or words, putting forward the other views.

Of course, if you were one of the people who came to the meeting in the school who requested more details as you wanted local housing, hoping to move from the flats in Trapstyle to a house

or you a parent who would like their child not having to leave school premises to do indoor sports or having more sports facilities available for their child

or a local organisation that cannot get access to local sports facilities as they are already booked (I fall into this category)

You can show your support, the planners do not accept emails so letters should be sent, in the next few days, to:

Planning Department
Wallfields
Pegs Lane
Hertford
Herts SG13 8EQ

Really ........... I'm guessing this is AndyC of the Chauncy School Governing Body

I know Chauncy is a Limited Company now but didn't know it was an estate agent, there are plenty in the town for local housing requirements

Hopefully O'Sullivan Close will not happen and you can book football pitches that may not be available at Wodson !

I think you will find most people, including myself want the School to develop and welcome a Sport Hall but don't agree with a housing estate on a playing field to fund it !
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

It always amuses me when people start telling us what "most people" want - in my experience "most people" in Ware have no idea what is going on and care even less. As long as it isn't near them they aren't bothered.

No one pays any attention to what the Town Council says least of all EHDC.

The traffic in Park Road is pretty minor compared to what many have even without the thousands of extra houses planned.

Once the District Plan is implemented the only way they can cope school wise is if Chauncy and Presdales double in size - there won't be much green space left then. There are currently no plans for extra schools.
andyc

Post by andyc »

Dazzzzer wrote:I think you will find most people, including myself want the School to develop and welcome a Sport Hall
Exactly Darren and there are two planning applications. If this is not passed then as a school they need to find a way to provide those facilities in the future, so the building of a sports hall will not go away.

So lets not lose sight of the objective, its all about how the objective is met not everyone agrees on.

In the meantime there was a traffic plan proposed I think, that does not have to be tied to this and I think everyone agrees that would help.

A