What is Kingsway like?

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
warelife

What is Kingsway like?

Post by warelife »

Hello

My family and I are looking to move to a 4 bed house. One has come on the market on Kingsway.

Is it a nice area?

Thanks
Ed
Pat-H

Re: What is Kingsway like?

Post by Pat-H »

It maybe right next door to us.
Hope that doesn't put you off.

Kingsway is a cut through road so it can be busy. Its wide so the traffic is 30mph.
Depending where on the road you do get the morning and afternoon school mums (and dads but far fewer) parking but as the roads wide that's not really an issue.

The shops on the green (no longer green as houses where built on the green bit) are good. Butchers and Green grocers are great and the rest are useful and nice. Martins has the Post Office so useful.
Easy access to the cow fields out the back for walks.

So all in all a nice area.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Oddly, was thinking of a move there a while back. Is there any disturbance on the fields behind especially in warm weather e.g. kids on motorbikes etc?
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Not that I've ever noticed in over 20 years.
Warewatcher

Post by Warewatcher »

I agree with Pat-H, can be busy, and in my opinion could do with additional traffic calming or 20mph restriction, such as The Drive, Bengeo which is very similar to Kingsway ie cut through and local school traffic. There are many long term Residents living on Kingsway and not many appear to move. The fields are a big attraction,but can be a bit of a problem with children camping out in the summer and playing loud music etc to the early hours, but this should not really effect Kingsway as they camp a long way from the road.
warelife

Post by warelife »

Thanks for all the comments.

I have made an offer so just waiting to see if it is accepted.

The house itself is big enough and has alot of potential. Having the school and shops nearby is a real plus.

Cheers
Ed