Flats in Marsh Lane

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
Jimob23

Flats in Marsh Lane

Post by Jimob23 »

Is there any substance in the story that the activity being undertaken in the field opposite the entrance to the scout hall is preparation to lay utilises to service new flats to be built in Marsh Lane
Hopefully parking has been given due consideration if this is the case as bad enough at the moment
Steve

Re: Flats in Marsh Lane

Post by Steve »

No planning application has been submitted or approved for houses in Marsh Lane.
Jimob23

Post by Jimob23 »

If that is the case then something must be happening in the actual field as they are laying mats used in soggy ground to avoid heavy construction vehicles getting bogged down
I did think flats in Marsh Lane should not be best sellers unless you wanted easy access to the sorting office during business hours and unable to find parking
Could even be parking for the luxury houses on John Gillpin site :D
If you look at the cleared area there is hardly enough room for the 'luxury houses' let alone parking for the luxury cars the occupants will own
Steve

Post by Steve »

They're servicing all the small iron footbridges on the New River.

There's similar work taking place on The Meads at Hertford.

(The subject line of this topic is a little misleading)
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Thanks Steve. ood to know. But, it could have been the daft councillor back with the silly idea for flats on stilts!! :D :D
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

Seems most unlikely to be flats. I notice that the contractors are Barhale who carry out large sewage works. Looks more like work on the existing sewers which flow across this patch from Stevenage to Rye Meads.
ollynbloom

Post by ollynbloom »

Hi.
I live nearby and saw a guy in the field with a clipboard a month or so ago. I did my duty as a nosey neighbour and enquired. Granted they could have lied but he seemed a nice guy. He said that because the private bridge over the river is too weak for cars now they've had to block it off and build a new access road to the house there which is going all the way across the field from the gate down marsh lane. Bit odd that it goes through the middle of the field instead of being either tucked at the end or even round the back via the industrial estate but, as i say, i don't think he was lying.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I've already posted the answer to this query above, having spoken to the contractors myself.
Mel

Post by Mel »

and having spoken to the owners of the house I can confirm that!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Mel wrote:and having spoken to the owners of the house I can confirm that!
Acknowledged :) Obviously they're repairing or dealing with ALL the old bridges across the New River, not just the footbridges!