Asda Opens 14th May

News and views on shopping in the town.
Whereaami

Re: Asda Opens 14th May

Post by Whereaami »

Agree the signposting is bad, noticed they managed to get the maximum 2 hour parking signs up though. The car park on the 2nd level was almost empty yesterday (not to mention closer to the store itself) about 4.30 when i went on the way back from work . The visibility up watton road when turning right out of Asda is very poor, especially with traffic going up towards the A10 making it even more difficult to see. An accident waiting to happen........
mb1

Post by mb1 »

The right turn down Watton Road will be an isdue, whereami is right about it being dangerous. I've already seen two very close misses with cars coming down the road while the driver coming out of ASDA seemed to be paying attention only to traffic driving out of town.
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

Decided to visit this week for a look around. Nice bright store and good to see the 'George' range here. However tried two items in the pie/pasty food range which were insipid compared to those similar Tesco items. Exit signage seems almost non-existent, but there were three staff posted in the car park indicating the exit route, so we weren't only ones who appeared confused.
naga

Post by naga »

I'm sure it shouldn't be beyond ASDA to produce a couple of EXIT Signs...surely cheaper than employing 3 guys to point randomly... :?
Ian

Post by Ian »

Went to Tesco car park yesterday and it was pretty full, so it looks like so far the custom hasn't moved from Tesco to Asda. Early days, but encouraging that early signs are both supermarkets can co-exist.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

Sadly for Tesco, the number of cars in their car park isn't necessarily an indication of the number of people shopping there. Being central and free for 3 hours, a lot of people use it rather than pay elsewhere. But it would be good if both can co-exist; I only wanted another supermarket to open to actually get Tesco to improve their service in Ware.
Ian

Post by Ian »

True, but Tesco wasn't exactly dead so that's encouraging. Also, if folk are using the car park so they can get tot he other businesses that's also good news for the town. It's still early days but it's encouraging so far, time will tell.