Waitrose

News and views on shopping in the town.
ware_resident
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu 22 May 2014 11:27 am
Location: Ware

Re: Waitrose

Post by ware_resident »

Same principle as Scottish MP's voting on issues that only effect England.

The Masked Woler
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2014 11:52 am

Re: Waitrose

Post by The Masked Woler »

mb1 wrote:Didn't know that about Malcolm Alexander, very interesting. he should obviously have resigned when he left the area and it is appalling that the Tories didn't enforce this.
Agreed, but then George Powell stayed on when he moved away and the UKIP candidate in the last election didn't even live in Ware to start with.

But then you could argue that councillors shouldn't vote on issues outside their ward because they have a vested interest in putting unpopular things away from where they live rather than what is best for the whole town.

It is also of note that none of the other members of the committee are from Ware and they, as is often complained about, frequently vote on matters here which don't affect them.

User avatar
Steve
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri 08 Nov 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Hertford

Re: Waitrose

Post by Steve »

The Masked Woler wrote:It is also of note that none of the other members of the committee are from Ware and they, as is often complained about, frequently vote on matters here which don't affect them.
Edward Bedford (Ware Christchurch) is also on the committee.

The Masked Woler
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2014 11:52 am

Re: Waitrose

Post by The Masked Woler »

Steve wrote:
The Masked Woler wrote:It is also of note that none of the other members of the committee are from Ware and they, as is often complained about, frequently vote on matters here which don't affect them.
Edward Bedford (Ware Christchurch) is also on the committee.
How could I forget Teddy :oops:

User avatar
Scouter
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed 22 Mar 2006 12:00 am
Location: Ware
Contact:

Re: Waitrose

Post by Scouter »

The Masked Woler wrote:Sorry, don't agree at all.

The Green Belt land in question is already concreted over and has been for years.

Any loss to Hertford has to be viewed in the light of the fact that Waitrose were going whatever and I don't see why there will be any loss to Ware - any Waitrose customers will already have been going to Hertford (or even WGC)

In my view the reason for the shops you mention surviving is because they are all things you can't do online (you neglect to mention others like the butcher, deli, florists bakers etc who also survive with supermarket competition all around them)
^This.

New Boy
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue 16 Oct 2007 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Waitrose

Post by New Boy »

Brilliant news. Ruffles and his Hertford Tory crones bleating on twitter even more satisfying.

Ware iLive
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue 24 Mar 2015 5:40 pm

Re: Waitrose

Post by Ware iLive »

Any business can sell their products online... all you need is a website... or.... (take telephone orders ) van and a driver... or there is ring, reserve and collect! :|

The Masked Woler
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2014 11:52 am

Re: Waitrose

Post by The Masked Woler »

Ware iLive wrote:Any business can sell their products online... all you need is a website... or.... (take telephone orders ) van and a driver... or there is ring, reserve and collect! :|
Hairdressing?

RichardH
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu 01 Jul 2004 12:00 am
Location: High Cross

Re: Waitrose

Post by RichardH »

There are plenty of hairdressers that will come to your house and give you a rug rethink.

Ware iLive
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue 24 Mar 2015 5:40 pm

Re: Waitrose

Post by Ware iLive »

Yes! hairdressers can sell online, as they most already do that. They take telephone bookings or online bookings. They either come to your home, or you go to them.

how many of us have phoned for a take away? is that not the same too? :)

Post Reply