Highly reccommend Jacoby's

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Pat-H

Highly reccommend Jacoby's

Post by Pat-H »

6 of us had a meal at Jacoby's Saturday evening and felt I had to pass on our recommendation to WOL.
The atmosphere was very nice and the service quick and attentive.
We had starters mains and desert and all were reasonably priced and decent servings.
The menu was interesting and slightly different.
We all had a great evening and will be making a return visit.
brassdoorknob

Re: Highly reccommend Jacoby's

Post by brassdoorknob »

It's great that one can pop in there for a pint or 3 of excellently kept ales, plus an ideal venue (based on other's opinions too) for a business meeting! Well done!
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Has it changed owners/staff then ? We were put off 2-3 years ago by cost, service and a smoking manager so have avoided. If there is a new team then it
might be worth a review.
IGS

Post by IGS »

Scottman wrote:Has it changed owners/staff then ? We were put off 2-3 years ago by cost, service and a smoking manager so have avoided. If there is a new team then it
might be worth a review.
From the old forum in November:

http://www.wareonline.co.uk/haveyoursay ... IC_ID=6678
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Yes new management I gather.
I'd expected (from the WOL post last year) for it to be pricey but it was a special occasion.
But we had a bottle of wine some spirits plus soft drinks 2 courses and all for £160 for 6 adults.
Ok I know I could have popped across to papa johns or even China red for less but under £30 per head for 3 courses and drinks was a good price.
And as I said the servings were generous with some not managing to finish all they got.

The best way to find out is to try them but from the numbers there Saturday night I suspect you may have to book in advance!
salwal

Post by salwal »

Hello

Myself and two friends had lunch at Jacoby's on Saturday 1st - good food, excellent service in lovely surroundings.
A good place from which to show off Ware!
S
Riverside

Post by Riverside »

Coincidentally I had a meal in The Bull at Watton last night which is owned by the same people
and was also excellent.