Fanshawe closing again!

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
trev

Re: Fanshawe closing again!

Post by trev »

The last three posts are completely off topic! There is already a thread regarding the housing development in Park Road. Please use that for these types of post.

I am sure this thread will be revived again soon as we are nearing Christmas and I expect Fanshawe to be unreasonably closing over this festive period!
Warewolf

Post by Warewolf »

Is the pool anything to do with Chauncy, I didn't think it was??
Dazzzzer

Post by Dazzzzer »

Warewolf wrote:Is the pool anything to do with Chauncy, I didn't think it was??
Yes, the School own the pool
Dazzzzer

Post by Dazzzzer »

The Masked Woler wrote:
Dazzzzer wrote:What if Fanshawe closed for good, with Chauncy School selling off land for housing to raise money for a new School Sports Hall, how long will it be before the School sells off Fanshawe pool and gym ?

If the new Sports Hall was provided as an extension of the pool and gym it would have been an ideal opportunity to improve these facilities and ensure a long term future for local students and the local community.

It shouldn’t be just residents off Park Road objecting to the current housing proposal, the long term impact may affect many more people !
I would think that the future of the pool has more to do with whether the company running it want to continue which has often been questioned, if they pull out the pool will have to close whatever.
If they were to try and build next to it where will the money come from - I assume the site was chosen because it has access to the road - no land sale = no money to build anything.

The district plan will have a massive impact on Ware for years to come and affect many yet you didn't even bother to read it - I suggest because the areas for development are not near you and yet you now expect others to rally round and support your opposition to these plans.
Not expecting any support, simply raising awareness under "Fanshawe closing again" for those who may not be aware of the proposed developments.