Fanshawe Pool

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
The Masked Woler

Fanshawe Pool

Post by The Masked Woler »

I see from this weeks Mercury that the pool is likely to close since the Council don't want to keep it on.
Presumably the gym will go too.
More houses?
Last edited by Steve on Sun 18 Jun 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To correct spelling of Fanshawe
mb1

Re: Fanshawe Pool

Post by mb1 »

Sadly this has been coming for several years. People around here vote Tory en masse, and the Tories cut the budget year on year for councils and for schools. In the end, you get what you vote for.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

https://www.change.org/p/save-fanshawe- ... rand_exact

This is the link to the petition that the Ware Swimming Club have put together to save Fanshawe Pool. Please sign. I have.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

mb1 wrote:Sadly this has been coming for several years. People around here vote Tory en masse, and the Tories cut the budget year on year for councils and for schools. In the end, you get what you vote for.
Yeah!!,

I decided to go out for a walk the other day and do you know what it...it only went and rained....couldn't bloody believe it...bloody Tories and idiots round here voting for them...can't wait for Jezza to stop everything bad happening round here....
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Brilliant MalcMac!!!!
Damo5

Post by Damo5 »

malcmac wrote:
mb1 wrote:Sadly this has been coming for several years. People around here vote Tory en masse, and the Tories cut the budget year on year for councils and for schools. In the end, you get what you vote for.
Yeah!!,

I decided to go out for a walk the other day and do you know what it...it only went and rained....couldn't bloody believe it...bloody Tories and idiots round here voting for them...can't wait for Jezza to stop everything bad happening round here....
It seems some people can't distinguish between a natural occurrence (weather) and a political choice (cuts to Local Government and Education)
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

Damo5 wrote:
malcmac wrote:
Yeah!!,

It seems some people can't distinguish between a natural occurrence (weather) and a political choice (cuts to Local Government and Education)
Are you really this dumb?
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

Developers have had their eye on that land for years, and Ware yet again gets the investment dropped in favour of other towns.
IGS

Post by IGS »

Some people are incapable of rational debate
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

IGS wrote:Some people are incapable of rational debate
And some are too thick to pick up nuances or sarcasm.. but not you of course... :?