Ware Webcam

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Andy B

Re: Ware Webcam

Post by Andy B »

If the webcam is not to be reinstated then the reference to Herts Display should be removed!
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Some time ago I asked a friend who works there and was told the son has taken over as manager of the shop and is simply not interested in having a webcam. GDPR wasn't mentioned. Whatever, it's not returning.
Justme

Post by Justme »

The legislation surrounding GDPR is confusing and complicated. I can understand why Hertfordshire Display might want to protect themselves and I'd like to believe that they are not keeping any recordings for future usage. But as the man told me, they will not be reinstating it, as and I quote "it's against the law"
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I have just had a walk along the High Street looking for a new position for a webcam and Keith Ian would be an ideal position siting it in the top window so i looked along the road it would be a great view as its the widest part of the town. They obviously have an Internet connection and no doubt unlimited capacity.
It just needs someone to drop and ask them, my walk was only virtual so I cannot, I'm sure some free advertising will help them see the benefits.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Hello Andy B. I've edited my post to say that I have spoken with a representative of Keith Ian. They have advised that I write to their Head Office to explain.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Justme wrote:Hello Andy B. I've edited my post to say that I have spoken with a representative of Keith Ian. They have advised that I write to their Head Office to explain.
Good man!
Are you going to?
Were they in favour?
Can I help?
Justme

Post by Justme »

Yes I'm going to write. The guy I saw said he had no say in the matter but gave me a visiting card together with the address to write to. Will update as soon as I receive a response.
Justme

Post by Justme »

A quick update to say I have written to Keith Ian and await their response. I will of course keep you posted.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Well done and many thanks for your efforts 'Just Me' There sure seems to be a lot of people very interested in the outcome as there has been 9,506 viewings interested in the good old Webcam and the outcome.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Hello all
I was hoping to report some good news but I've not even received an acknowledgement to my letter to Keith Ian. Maybe we should be looking at approaching other suitable businesses in Ware High Street. However I fear their response may reflect that of Keith Ian, i. e. The Data Protection. What do you think?